IMG_7934.JPG
IMG_7938.JPG
IMG_7936.JPG
IMG_7939.JPG
IMG_7941.JPG
IMG_7944.JPG
IMG_7950.JPG
IMG_7945.JPG
So while at the All MOPAR show at Farmington Saturday I bumped into my bud Jimmy King. He said stop by the house on your way home I got a car you might want to see. Jimmys a BIG Max Wedge fan. He has cloned several over the years & resales them. Along with various other MOPARS. So I stopped by & this is his current crop of cars/projects.

Last edited:
IMG_7942.JPG
IMG_7951.JPG
IMG_7943.JPG
IMG_7952.JPG
IMG_7955.JPG
And this 62 Plymouth Fury use to be my car. I sold it to Jimmy about 5 years ago. It was a 4 door 318 Polly push button. Jimmy did the 2 door conversion using parts from a badly rusted 2 door he bought from me. It's looks nice. You can't tell it was ever a 4 door. I also sold him the Maxie Cross Ram intake.

Last edited:
IMG_7956.JPG
IMG_7957.JPG
And then there was this car. The 56 Imperial was the car he wanted me to come over & see. And I absolutely loved it. However it's out of my league. My eyes quickly spotted this 62 Plymouth. It's a street strip car. 451 B motor. 500 horse. Street legal. This is the car I wanted. I quickly agreed to his price. Jimmy has always given me fair prices. So I'm trying to gather up the cash. I want the car. Anyone want a 68 Fury 4 door.

View attachment 124611 View attachment 124612 And then there was this car. The 56 Imperial was the car he wanted me to come over & see. And I absolutely loved it. However it's out of my league. My eyes quickly spotted this 62 Plymouth. It's a street strip car. 451 B motor. 500 horse. Street legal. This is the car I wanted. I quickly agreed to his price. Jimmy has always given me fair prices. So I'm trying to gather up the cash. I want the car. Anyone want a 68 Fury 4 door.

Cool! A stroked 400?

Early B-bodies are kool but what's the story on the Imp with the B-pillar?

Were you able to start it up and hear it run?
Yep. It sounded nice. Jimmy has a lift so if I can come up with the cash we'll put it on the lift & look her over real good. I've seen the car a few times at the track. It was running very well.

Yep. It sounded nice. Jimmy has a lift so if I can come up with the cash we'll put it on the lift & look her over real good. I've seen the car a few times at the track. It was running very well.

I hope you get it Bob!

Early B-bodies are kool but what's the story on the Imp with the B-pillar?
It's for sale, but he did tell me someone had spoken for & is trying to come up with the cash. He is currently putting front brakes on it. It's a 354 Hemi. He's looking a bracket I believe for the ac compressor. The car has rear air. Paint & body & chrome are done. Interior has not been done yet. He started it & it ran well. Needs exhaust also

Converting a 4dr in a 2dr..........
You must change the title or is it legal to do that ...........?

View attachment 124593 View attachment 124594 View attachment 124595 View attachment 124596 View attachment 124597 View attachment 124598 View attachment 124599 View attachment 124600 View attachment 124601 So while at the All MOPAR show at Farmington Saturday I bumped into my bud Jimmy King. He said stop by the house on your way home I got a car you might want to see. Jimmys a BIG Max Wedge fan. He has cloned several over the years & resales them. Along with various other MOPARS. So I stopped by & this is his current crop of cars/projects.
UMMMMM. '56 Two Door Imp. with A/C hiding in the trunk,with what? Ah 354 under the hood? I could even live with an old generator in that one! SAHWEET, Jer

Converting a 4dr in a 2dr..........
You must change the title or is it legal to do that ...........?
A long while ago, I read a How-To piece on the process of converting these cars into two doors from a four door. Blew me away on the skills of some of these guys.

There was a few videos on YouTube a couple of years ago. Not 62 MOPARS but same or very similar process.

Back