Pabst Brewery and Mansion

Were you alone on the tour, or just a lack of people wanting the tour? Not many folks around in the photos. Just wondering why? Maybe it just isn't tourist time yet back there?
Great set of photos, and much appreciated!
Thanks!

Were you alone on the tour, or just a lack of people wanting the tour? Not many folks around in the photos. Just wondering why? Maybe it just isn't tourist time yet back there?
Thanks!

10 am .......4 people.

Milwaukee did have snow last week and I did see a few melting snow banks at the Milwaukee County Zoo today.

Awesome pictures!! I love the woodwork, no plywood, no particle board and no crappy wood scrap finger jointed into moldings. An art that is quickly disappearing from our go fast world where few of our new products last longer than 10 or 20 years. Thank you for your posting.
Plenty of veneer though.

The craftsmanship was just exceptional!

I even have some stained glass from my parents home (120 years old) in Milwaukee in my home in Maryland.

DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG

I have other huge pieces of stained glass from my parents home that I haven't framed and hung up yet. I also have a door that has a 4'x3' stained glass panel with beveled glass and high point steel.

I have other huge pieces of stained glass from my parents home that I haven't framed and hung up yet. I also have a door that has a 4'x3' stained glass panel with beveled glass and high point steel.

Bob! I think you should build a new house in which to install those stained glass windows. It should also have a three-car garage. . .

Bob! I think you should build a new house in which to install those stained glass windows. It should also have a three-car garage. . .

I'm probably going to remain.in the house I live in now. One of my Army brothers owns that garage that I just posted. I can use it at anytime and that is where I'm going to put the new engine in the NYB.

I'm probably going to remain.in the house I live in now. One of my Army brothers owns that garage that I just posted. I can use it at anytime and that is where I'm going to put the new engine in the NYB.

If become an Amish person, can I use the garage too? :poke:

Thanks!

Steve: The people in Bob's tour group are the only people left who still drink Pabst. . .:poke:

I can also use the Automotive Craft Shop on Aberdeen Proving Ground too.

O.K. That'z it Bob, but I'm not joinin' the Army. Chances of me getting Aberdeen az ah duty station to use their equipment are way slim. Better I sell off part of the remaining fleet and just sit here on FCBO and bench race.

O.K. That'z it Bob, but I'm not joinin' the Army. Chances of me getting Aberdeen az ah duty station to use their equipment are way slim. Better I sell off part of the remaining fleet and just sit here on FCBO and bench race.

You could always "go Amish". . . .

Great pictures, Bob. I have only been to two breweries for tours which were Heineken and Carlsberg. Of course, being younger at the time meant we weren't too interested in the surroundings as much as what was available for tasting. Unlike U.S. sites we were able to drink as much as one could in 1 1/2 hours after the tour. It was after that where I learned the difference between beer and enhanced beer. So at Heineken we drank beer while at Carlsberg we drank Elephant. After Heineken I took pictures and then we went to a McDonalds to order and joke around with the unawares staff. Not all in the group picture are Americans. After Carlsberg in Copenhagen, a different group, we woke up around 9:00pm later that day.... ugh!

July 1976
Heineken_01.jpg
Heineken_02.jpg
Heineken_03.jpg

Back