Pabst Brewery and Mansion

Old Tankard ale? Sounds good to me, but how was it in reality?

The Oriental Theatre is a couple of blocks from my boyhood home in Milwaukee.

Built in 1927....

Still in open for business.

FB_IMG_1537994011657.jpg

It is so surreal to read about the life and times back around the turn of the century, and the architecture is just superb. A lot of imagination going on back then, and some good food and drink too. I wish we could turn the clock back on all this electronic crap that is our life today. Thanks for sharing.

It's always a joy for me to go back home. My parents, grandparents, great grandparents all lived at the same house since the 1880's just a few blocks from all these historic buildings which is in the oldest part of Milwaukee. Somewhere around the late 1970's Milwaukee woke up and stopped tearing down all the Victorian era homes and businesses. There are still a lot of old structures in Milwaukee

It's always a joy for me to go back home. My parents, grandparents, great grandparents all lived at the same house since the 1880's just a few blocks from all these historic buildings which is in the oldest part of Milwaukee. Somewhere around the late 1970's Milwaukee woke up and stopped tearing down all the Victorian era homes and businesses. There are still a lot of old structures in Milwaukee

Given what I have seen in your photos, I really have to visit Milwaukee yet in my future. I really like what I am seeing. Great that you can reminisce thinking of your past family members and recall the great times you had there years ago. Pretty special indeed! I have no such past that I can relate to.

Given what I have seen in your photos, I really have to visit Milwaukee yet in my future. I really like what I am seeing. Great that you can reminisce thinking of your past family members and recall the great times you had there years ago. Pretty special indeed! I have no such past that I can relate to.

And talk about food.....

My family has been eating this stuff for well over 100 years.

I still get the good stuff and pack it in giant coolers packed with dry ice and haul it back to Maryland and I have a separate freezer that I keep it up to 6 months.

Some of these places have been in business since the 1880's with the original recipe from the Homeland.

Our History

Usinger's Home Page === Liverwurst, weiners, bratwurst, summer sausage

Klement’s European Traditions Meats and Sausages | Klements === Fresh Polish sausage (my favorite), ring bologna, and many other things.

73608-04433-.png

Miesfelds === bratwurst, cheese, and many other things.

Sheyboygan (20 minutes north of Milwaukee)

Widmer Brick Cheese

You can get this cheese just about anywhere in the Milwaukee and southern Wisconsin area.

wisconsin_mild_brick_cheese_1lb__20714.1438883576.1280.1280.jpgc-2.jpg

What's the difference tween Polish Sausage and Kielbasa?

In Milwaukee....nothing. It's the same thing.

There are different recipes (mostly the difference is seasonings) depending on who makes it. I prefer Klements. They have used the same recipe since 1880. My family has consumed this delicious staple since then. Every U.S. President has eaten this stuff too.

And I must note that eating that and all the other German cuisine all of my life and when I had my serious health issues starting last year I had every heart procedure and catherization procedure known to man and I didn't have one clogged artery and didn't need any stents.

As a kid, my mother always gave us a heart clogging breakfast on the weekends.
Saturday usually consisted of Polish Sausage fried in butter.
Scrambled eggs using butter.
Toast soaked in butter.

My father had his first heart attack at 54 and died from heart disease at 66.
I'm 69 and still here.
ssc_hiding2.gif

As a kid, my mother always gave us a heart clogging breakfast on the weekends.
Saturday usually consisted of Polish Sausage fried in butter.
Scrambled eggs using butter.
Toast soaked in butter.

My father had his first heart attack at 54 and died from heart disease at 66.
I'm 69 and still here. View attachment 236261

You should celebrate this with a nice bloodwurst. I'm living in Bob's paradise as far as meat and sausage is concerned.

blutwurst_darm.jpg

Back