Passenger Door Mirror Mounting Holes

A38Valiant

Reaction score
Because I'm spoiled and used to driving all these SUVs and such, I have decided that the barge needs a passenger door mirror. Picked one up on ebag, now just need to drill some holes.

Does anybody have exact measurements for the mounting holes? 1971 Polara 4 door sedan. Or should I just assume they are the same as the driver side? Want to be sure I get this right. Thanks.

monaco.jpg

That's a pic from a 70, in general they're further to the back than the left ones as they're otherwise of limited use; maybe even differences with and without vent wings ? Pretty rare option it seems and often put on afterwards the "ballpark" way. Maybe FSM has something.

polara-dodge.jpg

1971_dodge_monaco-pic-30870.jpg

monaco.jpg

polara-dodge.jpg

1971_dodge_monaco-pic-30870.jpg

Last edited:
The original sized ones are considered make up mirrors today; agree not very helpful in day-to-day driving, but they're still useful for backing up, got a very awkward narrow and crooked garage where it serves well.

I installed one on my 69 300 convertible due to the large blind spot with the top up. I still don't rely on it for lane changes much though. It is useful for backing.

My car has the vent windows. A parts car I had was originally equipped with the passinger side mirror and I made a template to drill the holes. I think it was 11 3/4" back from the door edge. If your car has a beltline molding, make sure it clears that too.

Back