Passenger side entry/exit question

shrewboy

Reaction score
Okay folks, pardon the noobie question :sSig_noob:.

I was looking at an ad for a 67 or 68 (don't remember now) Imperial Crown Coupe over the weekend and saw some copy I wasn't sure I believed. The ad stated that the power passenger seat rolled forward when the seat back was moved forward and slid back when the seat back came back. It also showed a second door handle on the rear of the passenger side door so that someone in the back could get out more easily. Is that a special option, or is that common to the Coupes? I was floored when I read that. The 92 Acura Legend 2 door I bought in the mid-90s would do the same thing with rolling the seat forward when the seatback came forward, and back when it flipped back. It also flipped the seat belt out of the way on an arm. I thought that was the best thought out feature I'd seen in a long time. I shouldn't be surprised the engineers at Chrysler thought of it 25 years earlier if the ad was true!

Now your learning the secrets. First production car with standard disc brakes Imperial. First production unitized body/frame construction Chrysler and Desoto airstreams. Only car domestic car company to use formula one suspension technology, torsion aire in the 50s. Designed a platform in the late fifties with structural strength that most cars have only reached in the last decade, the a body. First production car with anti.lock brakes 71 Imperial. First use of alternator 1960 a body. The list goes on.

I am pretty sure if you watch Jay Leno video of his 67 Imperial, it has this option. To answer your question yes it is true/

Okay folks, pardon the noobie question :sSig_noob:.

I was looking at an ad for a 67 or 68 (don't remember now) Imperial Crown Coupe over the weekend and saw some copy I wasn't sure I believed. The ad stated that the power passenger seat rolled forward when the seat back was moved forward and slid back when the seat back came back. It also showed a second door handle on the rear of the passenger side door so that someone in the back could get out more easily. Is that a special option, or is that common to the Coupes? I was floored when I read that. The 92 Acura Legend 2 door I bought in the mid-90s would do the same thing with rolling the seat forward when the seatback came forward, and back when it flipped back. It also flipped the seat belt out of the way on an arm. I thought that was the best thought out feature I'd seen in a long time. I shouldn't be surprised the engineers at Chrysler thought of it 25 years earlier if the ad was true!
This is the way mine works. All Imperial Coupes in '67/8 have the rear handle on the passenger door, not sure about the earlier or later Imps.

Back