Patina or no?

Mopar001

Reaction score
Thinking of leaving the body of my 300HURST just like it is, a little ratty. Should I shine all the chrome up? Or leave everything ratty?

I think that shining up the bright parts will accentuate the deterioration on the rest, and draw more attention to it. Too much of a contrast for my liking. I say leave as is.

No point in restoring some of it with no intentions of restoring the rest. All or nothing .....

IMG_1944.JPG
I was a big fan of the patina of my 65 NYr the first few years I had it. Now I'm tired of looking at it it and since I'm redoing the interior I want the outside to look just as classy again

The level of originality plays a big part in the decision of leaving as is. Also how much one can tolerate leaving things alone is also a factor. At some point I couldnt just let it alone....

My Fury was shot with paint way before I owned it. But she has a lot of little imperfections all over it at 10 feet away. Small dents and the passenger side carpet was worn through in a straight line about an inch wide and a few feet long ,or wide side to side in front of the seat. It occurred to me this was caused by the heel of high heels! It has a choke pull knob under the dash that is inoperative. This is part of the history of this car so I will leave it in honor of the past owners. But nothing is too far gone to require replacement as maybe your case. Can you post pics or links to your car now? We'd like to see or refresh our memory.

I inherited this one last summer(been sitting in a garage since 1988). I too struggled with either keeping the dusty patina or clean it up. Since its all original and original paint, I decided to clean it up and I'm glad I did. 1st pic is right before pushing it out of the garage. Next pic is after its 1st bath in decades.

DSCN0285.jpg

DSCN0307.JPG

I inherited this one last summer(been sitting in a garage since 1988). I too struggled with either keeping the dusty patina or clean it up. Since its all original and original paint, I decided to clean it up and I'm glad I did. 1st pic is right before pushing it out of the garage. Next pic is after its 1st bath in decades.

I think you should save yourself some trouble and cash in on your inheritance by selling that car to me since it has just been sitting in your garage since last summer. I like that blue color and I am sure there are a lot of other things you would rather have by using the money than messing with that huge problem! :poke:

I think you should save yourself some trouble and cash in on your inheritance by selling that car to me since it has just been sitting in your garage since last summer. I like that blue color and I am sure there are a lot of other things you would rather have by using the money than messing with that huge problem! :poke:
:lol: Naw......I think I'll keep it. Been going thru it all winter and just need to take care of the heater core. Luckily my garage is heated.

If it has a/c, then you might change your mind when done with that job! Seriously, if you are interested enough to join this site, you should keep it and enjoy it!

While I dig patina on old trucks and it's sometimes cool on seeing a muscle car with patina, for whatever reason, I like my C-bodies nice and shiny. Not sure why. In any event, cool car.

:lol: Naw......I think I'll keep it. Been going thru it all winter and just need to take care of the heater core. Luckily my garage is heated.

With so few miles on it, how about posting some photos? Your car might just be the lowest mileage fuselage C body in existence! Stop teasing us!

Back