People can't drive!

I don't know what you drive but most new cars to replace the headlight assembly is like $250.oo+ each.

Heck did I post this one up? A YouTube mechanic fix-it channel had a brand new Ford F150 with all the bells & whistles that I take it the owner dipped the *** end too deep at the boat ramp. Truck was in the shop for I guess no turn signal and a whole bunch of computer code errors.

End result was replace the two rear turn signal assembly (with the collision avoidance radar(?) module) and wiring... what else? I forget, didn't take notes... total bill was 5 grand $$$$$$ I forgot how much the turn signal assembly's were but they were the major part of the bill.

Guy explained how the taillights screwed up everything in the computer, like radio and HVAC not working etc, but it was above me, mind boggling.

There will be a lot of vehicles going to the junk yard early because of stuff like that.

I don't know what you drive but most new cars to replace the headlight assembly is like $250.oo+ each.

Heck did I post this one up? A YouTube mechanic fix-it channel had a brand new Ford F150 with all the bells & whistles that I take it the owner dipped the *** end too deep at the boat ramp. Truck was in the shop for I guess no turn signal and a whole bunch of computer code errors.

End result was replace the two rear turn signal assembly (with the collision avoidance radar(?) module) and wiring... what else? I forget, didn't take notes... total bill was 5 grand $$$$$$ I forgot how much the turn signal assembly's were but they were the major part of the bill.

Guy explained how the taillights screwed up everything in the computer, like radio and HVAC not working etc, but it was above me, mind boggling.

Thing is with all of these multi computer requirements in vehicles (for the myriad options now available), there has to be a network that interconnects all of them. They constantly ping and update one another and if something interrupts the network anywhere, errors will happen. And you can't just plug and play these modules either, you need a special computer with a link to program and prep not only the replacement, but the whole system so it can be added/accepted into the network. Special this, special that=$$$.

My brother has a 2022 F350 to drag his big-*** fifth-wheel travel trailer around. The right front headlight went out and was replaced under warranty. The entire assembly had to be replaced, dur to the adaptive cruise control sensor, parking sensor, and lane-change sensor are all located there, as well. Apparently, it is all one big useless assembly! If he had to pay for that, it would've cost $3,200. Pretty pathetic. Think when these trucks and cars' warranties expire! Yet one more reason why one should avid these over-priced crapwagons.

I used to have an old International Harvester refrigerator, built in 1950. It got destroyed in the 2003 tornado that struck my home. It was the best refrigerator I've ever owned!

More like they leave the high beams on because they don't have the intelligence to go to WallyWorld and buy and have the skillset for this kit.

View attachment 620671

Did you know a couple of coats of clear wheel spray paint renews a set of lights much better? My son did this to his 2001 Ram, and it came out great! My wife's Enclave was considerably worse, and it came out as good or better than the lights on the Ram. Just start with a clean lens and wait about five minutes between coats. Two is usually what any light may require, but finish to your satisfaction.

Last edited:
Pretty pathetic. Think when these trucks and cars' warranties expire! Yet one more reason why one should avid these over-priced crapwagons.
Bought new in 2006.
$15.5k
If a headlight goes, I can still change it.
Largest expense so far was when Hurricane Ida ripped off the bed cover.

edited_20231016_105502.jpg

I learned many years ago that you have to drive for everyone else on the road besides yourself. I agree that it is worse than before because of the more vehicles and drivers these days. However, since Covid came into play, at least here in Wisconsin, new drivers don't even have to take a driving test. Go figure!
Everyday is a new adventure for sure.

I learned many years ago that you have to drive for everyone else on the road besides yourself. I agree that it is worse than before because of the more vehicles and drivers these days. However, since Covid came into play, at least here in Wisconsin, new drivers don't even have to take a driving test. Go figure!
My kid had to parallel park and stop at a stop sign. Tester was not in the car due to covid, just observing from the sidewalk.

My brother has a 2022 F350 to drag his big-*** fifth-wheel travel trailer around. The right front headlight went out and was replaced under warranty. The entire assembly had to be replaced, dur to the adaptive cruise control sensor, parking sensor, and lane-change sensor are all located there, as well. Apparently, it is all one big useless assembly! If he had to pay for that, it would've cost $3,200. Pretty pathetic. Think when these trucks and cars' warranties expire! Yet one more reason why one should avid these over-priced crapwagons.

That's nuts.

A friends '66 Fairlane totaled while stopped at a Red light by a 17yr old female on her phone.

thumbnail (9).jpg

However, since Covid came into play, at least here in Wisconsin, new drivers don't even have to take a driving test. Go figure!
Not quite as nefarious as it sounds.

The DMV is authorized to introduce pilot programs, but legislative action would be required to make such programs permanent. This one won't be permanent.

Starting January 1, 2024, drivers under 18 will again need to complete an in-person road test at the DMV in order to obtain their probationary license. Appointments for a road test can be scheduled 11 weeks in advance at wisconsindmv.gov/roadtest.

Student drivers under 18 who have completed the required driver education course, behind the wheel training, and 50 hours of supervised driving may apply for the road test waiver through December 31, 2023, according to a news release from the DOT.

The DMV tracked the potential safety implications of the pilot program and found "no negative effect" on driver safety, the DOT said.

Last edited:
Back