People with 4 post lifts...

thrashingcows

Reaction score
Finally got the 4 post lift I picked up last December cleaned, repaired, modified and assembled last week and it's going up/down! But I still need some ramps and to fabricate the safety lock release mechanism system, would appreciate some pics of the release mechanisms on your lifts to draw inspiration from. I've scoured the internet for pics and diagrams but seem to only come across the same few systems.

One other question to those that do not bolt their lifts to the floor...do the columns shift when you drive on/off the lifts? Do you use some sort of rubber pad under the columns to help hold it in place on the concrete? Also what kind of shims did you use to level out the columns on uneven floors?

This is what I have. Scroll down a little and you'll see the system has a dog that engages the slot to lock the lift. This is the reason I went with this lift. If the cable breaks, the dogs slide outward and engage the slots. The slots are cut into the uprights rather than a cast piece bolted to the upright.

If you want more detail, I can take some pics, but this should give you an idea. Wildfire Standard | wildfire-lifts

It's not bolted to the floor and it doesn't move a bit.

safeties on the rotary are retracted with pneumatic cylinders. some pictures of your lift and what you modified?

The safety lock release system on my lift would have been mechanical, pull a lever to move the locks out of the way so the lift can come down. I do not have any parts or pieces for the system so will have to fabricate everything myself.

As for what I modified nothing that would impact the safety or function of the lift...more just righting poor quality/design in the original build of the lift. I believe the lift was built in 2008, the hydraulic hoses had etched date code on the fitting ends as well as a date code stamped in the end of the main hydraulic cylinder, but has no tags or data plate anywhere to designate make or model.

no tags or data plate anywhere to designate make or model.
if you post a picture it, there's a very high probability that someone here could identify it for you. @Big_John 's lift is mechanical release i believe and a good choice on his part. here's a picture one of the pneumatic cylinders in mine. not much to see: bender 002.JPG

Back