Photo of a '61 fury

sb61fury

Reaction score
This is my '61 and no I did not take the photo

Mopars on the Mountain (1).jpeg

Well, whoever DID take the photo deserves credit for capturing this "space ship on wheels" did so at the PERFECT angle.........

Well, whoever DID take the photo deserves credit for capturing this "space ship on wheels" did so at the PERFECT angle.........
It was once an actual space ship . The day I've 1st got it has requested permission to land so I granted the request . I am now in control of the space ship

love the wheel covers and the width of the whitewalls. Just perfect.

Beautiful ride! Plymouth and Chrysler are my favorite Mopars for '61.
I am surprised the Dodge didn't rate at least equal in your eyes. I actually liked the Polaras the best but I preferred the 1960 Chryslers to the 1961s....................

1669701463542.png
1669701563257.png

1669701679809.png
1669701767697.png

The original poly 318 . I do not burn the cheap fuel in it either I burn the good gas ( 93 octane)
I have a 318 Poly in my Polara but it was 2 barrel. I bought an intake on ebay from a 61 Fury like yours and converted to a four barrel Edelbrock. I used to fill it with 93 octane but have decided to switch to ethanol free 89 or 90 octane (depends on the gas station that's most convenient at the moment, Wawa's version is 89 octane, the others in town have 90).

I have a 318 Poly in my Polara but it was 2 barrel. I bought an intake on ebay from a 61 Fury like yours and converted to a four barrel Edelbrock. I used to fill it with 93 octane but have decided to switch to ethanol free 89 or 90 octane (depends on the gas station that's most convenient at the moment, Wawa's version is 89 octane, the others in town have 90).
I keep a bottle of lucas ethanol treatment in the trunk of my '61 incase I need it, I will. not use a cheap no name brand fuel in my car. When I worked for Texaco back in the late 90s when I lived in Florida I went to school were new employees are trained. I learned if you use a fuel with no detergent additives you are decreasing the life of your engine.

Back