Photos of Vintage Auto Dealerships, Repair Shops, and Gas Stations

Dean Jeffries shop in LA.

BTW, he built the Monkeemobile and not George Barris.

_nc_ohc=dyI3l_lCx4YAX_61Vp6&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.jpg

o.jpg

William T. Knauss & Son Automobile Repair, Ninth Ave. and Market St., Bethlehem, PA

I checked this location and it's residential with older homes, so I'm not sure that the address is correct.

_nc_ohc=Lj_gVjj36DgAX8sHb2-&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

Clinton Street, Syracuse, NY. 1965

Interestingly enough, this was on a local Facebook page and someone spoke up and said they had painted that wall 60 years ago.

0cDI4JAGQPnhz0HoYug9moiqUTm&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Today.

1rKAdriUjLL3t5rpJaVkrCCG7xn&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.jpg

Last edited:
Room and Board's furniture store in the Logan Circle neighborhood at 14th and T Streets NW in Washington, DC started life as "the R.L. Taylor building, originally built in 1919 as a Ford Motors showroom." Funny that, selling the Ford Model T on T Street :)

Here is what it looked like in 1923, as seen in a "5x4 glass negative (from the) National Photo Company Collection." A high-res version is here:

View attachment 555357

Below is what it looks like today, after renovation by McCullough Construction, LLC. "McCullough Construction added a fourth floor to this 1919 Historic property originally built as a showroom and factory for Ford Motors (...) to house a new and modern furniture store. In addition to high end contemporary finishes, all new building systems were added, including elevator, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems." A very successful renovation -- the store is well worth visiting, and the furniture is great.

PS: I wonder if the tree in front is the same specimen as the sapling in the 1923 photo...

View attachment 555358
The style changes greatly, very attractive

Back