Pics of 69-73 C bodies

And I see three more here, all 1970 Newports. Hopefully our Scandinavian friends may be able to chime in?

@330dTA @ImpJay and others
Sorry, no info on those. They seem to have Swedish plates.

This is only one I think I recognize. If this is an older photo then I believe this is nowadays in Finland. If so, it is ”the Glenn Campell Car”.

IMG_0013.png

Another Minnesota car overseas. I'm surprised that any have made it through our awesome winters.

46676178tb.jpg

While searching for a part, I happened upon the listing of a (recently crushed?) 1971 Polara Custom 4dr hardtop in Texas.

1702783634833.png

From the seller's eBay store: "I am a AUTO CRUSHER. (...) As a rule, most of these are CRUSHED by the time any of these parts are listed on eBay. (..) I'm NOT a "Salvage Yard".... just a SCRAP PROCESSOR that sells a few EASY to pull, EASY to SHIP parts. We often only have fifteen minutes to an hour, per car, to remove any parts from the vehicle before the fork lift comes and the car goes to "Car Heaven."

That is too bad, because this (GY4 gold?) 1971 looks pretty good still and certainly as a source of parts. Here's what's left of her, available here:

1702783837596.png

While searching for a part, I happened upon the listing of a (recently crushed?) 1971 Polara Custom 4dr hardtop in Texas.

View attachment 632865

From the seller's eBay store: "I am a AUTO CRUSHER. (...) As a rule, most of these are CRUSHED by the time any of these parts are listed on eBay. (..) I'm NOT a "Salvage Yard".... just a SCRAP PROCESSOR that sells a few EASY to pull, EASY to SHIP parts…
Damn.

Last edited:
Over 50 degrees in Upstate New York today and the snow is mostly melted. The roads were dry and largely salt free so the Fury woke up from hibernation long enough for a quick drink of ethanol free 91 octane.

IMG_20240210_122031 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Same situation in Illinois, where the salt was completely gone a few days ago and @71Polara383 took a few photos of Regina FQ3, my 1970 turquoise Dodge Polara 'vert, at the Belvedere plant where she was born. Here's one of the pics that he sent to me.

20240205_132453.jpeg

We have had lots of rain this season, got a nice dry day and a couple hrs to myself. Tux and I headed out to lighten the old fuel load and refill on the way home. I didn't take a pic.

Back