Picture 1971 dodge monaco

Nice looking car my friend!

thanks,, she will get some new interior this winter, and a rebuild on the engine !

Gorgeous! Those seat covers would drive me nuts. My dad had a similar set on his 71 Polara 4 dr sedan in the 70's. I hated them. Very nice car, where did you find her and why is she so nice?

She's a beauty! Hopefully you stay with the same colour interior. Gotta love the retro green. What is the motor and what are your plans for it?

yea i hate the seat covers , the green vynyl on the seats are in good condition, but the center material is shot on the front seats , so yes im going to take them out this winter and get the material replaced, try to keep the seats original as possible, the engine is a stock 383 2 barrel, 727 transmission. for the engineim just going to clean it up as much as possible, keep it original.. going to headers and exhaust next summer, like the rest of the car i would like to keep it original, im haveing a hard time on what to do with the rims. its got the stock hub caps i might just refinish the hub caps over the winter time and get some new nice white walls for next year.

Now i found her out front of a farm house in Niagara on the Lake. "canada" near niagara falls. this kid had it and he was heading off to school and he need money. So I bought it for 2 grand. :] one of the best days of my life. ! But lately ive been having issue after issue with the car. but oh well thats all the fun !Mainly engine crap ! thanks though for all the responses.

Wow! That car is in excellent condition. Was it in Canada all these years?

Yea Had original plate on it from Quebec, 71 Quebec plate. 53 thousand original miles.
after market 8 track in it also . sounds terrible hahah:]

I am pretty new to working on cars, if anyone has any ideas to do with the car let me know ! a few friends said to switch to an MSD ignition, how do you guys feel about this. the car is going to be a weekend cruiser, not a daily driver. I plan on keeping this car for a long time !

Now i found her out front of a farm house in Niagara on the Lake. "canada" near niagara falls.
Sounds like you might be local to me. I'm in Grimsby. I've seen a car just like that one a few years ago parked in Port Dalhousie. It was likely the same one. Will you be taking it to the Downtown Classic Car Show in St. Catharines on the 9th? If I can get some carb issues sorted out I'll have my Monaco there.

didnt know there was a show. but i would love to bring her down to see another beast.
as long as she dont catch fire. i had a odd ting happen with the tranny dip stick. shot out tranny fluid after i shut it off. could of been a once and a chance thing. ran it tonight in the drive way for 30 mins and no problems but just maybe youll se her there. im the falls ! so its cool to know theres another one out there ! :]

I didn't see you on my walk through. Did you get down to the show at any point? My Monaco was parked next to a 65 Valiant and accross from a 73 New Yorker at the very north end of St. Paul.

Back