Piggybacking

The only one of the below that could unseat a comparable MOPAR in my garage would be #1.

1. 1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible
2. 1967 AMC Marlin
3. 1967 Mercury Park Lane Convertible
4. 1965 Mercury Marauder Convertible
5. 1963 Mercury Marauder Convertible
6. 1969 Mercury Marquis Convertible
7. 1959 Mercury Convertible
8. 1960 Mercury Convertible
9. 1962 Mercury Convertible
10. 1961 Mercury Convertible

see this is my problem... I want it all... and Kudos on the GTO not being all original, I bet its more fun this way

Thanks, but I'm a sucker for originality, so I wish it still had the original 389. It would also make it more appealing to potential buyers if I were to sell it. That being said, I doubt I'll ever sell it. I've thought about it a couple times but every time I drive it I say, "I can't sell this car." It's an older restoration of not so good quality, which is how I bought it. I did the power train, under body and engine bay when I bought it about 10 years ago. I'm going to do a full frame off on it in 2015 and take it back to it's original color combo: Silvermist Gray, Black Vinyl Top and Parchment Interior. I've never seen a Silver '64 with Parchment Interior. That's how mine came. I'm also going to ditch the Cragars and go with steelies and Dog Dish Caps. I can't wait. I've been itching for a project ever since I finished the Chrysler a couple years ago.

I flipped a HMMWV once so convertibles make me nervous, but before that I came very close to buying a 1970 Cadillac DeVille Vert... see I believe any old car could benefit from a rollcage and convertibles look stupid with a cage. or even a rollbar... 'Verts are cool, just not for me

Thanks, but I'm a sucker for originality, so I wish it still had the original 389. It would also make it more appealing to potential buyers if I were to sell it. That being said, I doubt I'll ever sell it. I've thought about it a couple times but every time I drive it I say, "I can't sell this car." It's an older restoration of not so good quality, which is how I bought it. I did the power train, under body and engine bay when I bought it about 10 years ago. I'm going to do a full frame off on it in 2015 and take it back to it's original color combo: Silvermist Gray, Black Vinyl Top and Parchment Interior. I've never seen a Silver '64 with Parchment Interior. That's how mine came. I'm also going to ditch the Cragars and go with steelies and Dog Dish Caps. I can't wait. I've been itching for a project ever since I finished the Chrysler a couple years ago.

Don't get me wrong, Original is cool when its a tri-power goat. Not so much with, say, a 74 nova with a 350. or an lt1 Camaro. or a 69 Camaro... unless its a ZL1... no nevermind firetruck 69 Camaros... im just sick of seeing them don't anybody get offended...

we did this a few years ago...........

1967 ford galaxie 500 convertible.jpg1968 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 Convertible.jpgDSC_0097b.jpg

1967 ford galaxie 500 convertible.jpg

1968 Chevrolet Impala SS 427 Convertible.jpg

DSC_0097b.jpg

I kinda figured I wasn't the first to ask, but my list changes probably monthly so...

Also, I had troube keeping it at ten but everyone else seems to know their three instantly. I wonder... Are there any cars that would be on the list, but you've already had one so now its not?

The blue 71 Polara pictured is mine.......... The others I will never own but like them a bunch. IF I EVER had another maker.... these two would be them

The blue 71 Polara pictured is mine.......... The others I will never own but like them a bunch. IF I EVER had another maker.... these two would be them

This is my attitude .. I love all classic good looking cars (my prerogative to decide) and that's a lot from all makes. But my money is Mopar money. There's plenty of others I appreciate though

68 Hemi Barracuda
68 Hemi Dart
70 Superbird
71 Duster triple black
70 Hurst 300
61 Chrysler
70 Sport Fury
66 Coronet 500
68 Super Bee
67 Valiant 2 door post

70 Torino Cobra Jet
64 Fairlane Thunderbolt

No Chevy's for me

Guess I'll do some dreaming as well. I'll limit it to 5.
1962 Fury 413 straight gear
1963 Fury with a new model Hemi and 6 speed trans. Kind of a pro touring vibe...
1965 Sport Fury 383 auto console black with red interior nice and original
1970 Fury GT original as well

1956 Ford F100 Silver with tan leather interior, 351 auto, lowered, clean cruiser
No Chevys for me either.

So many cars on the list. Back in the 70s i had mostly pontiacs, a 69 gto 400 4 spd ragtop, and the only mopar was a 69 coronet 383 auto. Not much for car pics from those days but been on bikes for 40 years, so since we're piggybacking . . .

388.jpg

159.jpg

03_Ultra.jpg

097.jpg

388.jpg

159.jpg

03_Ultra.jpg

097.jpg

Back