NOT MINE Polara 6-pack

69monaco

Reaction score
Now for sale ( almost 60K ) in Europe.............:eek:

1668103197648.png

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...=e3f7e006-f8a0-cf65-e7f9-a3d549b1143a&ref=srp

DE23G1D299825 used to be owned by @500cubes : For Sale - 1971 Polara, Nicely Done Modified to 6Pack

Interestingly, this GB2 1971 Polara (repaint in the original color, plus bumpers) currently is registered in Belgium. From the ad:

"Really cool custom build Dodge Polara “HP2” 440-Sixpack 4-speed!

This car was custom build in the USA, it even was featured in magazines like “Mopar magazine” The car has drawn inspiration from the Plymouth Sport Fury GT. The car is build like a version of “What if” Dodge put a 440-Sixpack block in a Dodge Polara. He named the car HP2 because of the fact he had the emblems lying around. And that's it. But the car had undergone a big project to transfer a 440-sixpack block and to hook it up with a HEMI 833 4-speed transmission.

History
The original owner wanted a Winter car because he lives in Minnesota, He wanted a big C body car with lots of power and came across a hardtop Polara. Because he didn't want to ruin a really rare Mopar car for his daily driver car. He invested in the Polara.

The car still had its original paint and its 318 block with a TorqueFlite transmission. After a few seasons of driving in the snow, the original owner decided it was time for a little upgrade. And began sketching the car he had in his mind. He used his friend car, a Fury GT in his mind and inspiration. He wanted to create the world's first Polara “HP2” The HP2 like stated above came from a few spare emblems lying around and decided that would be the name of the car. The car went on to a full restoration/custom build project. Making the bumpers more streamlined, with no bolts and such, got rid of a few rust spots.

The car also got sandblast and a new paintjob in its original “B2 Metallic blue” And the white hard top is also still original. It got new side stripes, that were designed by the owner, and they are reflective also! They installed a 440 big block with almost 500 horsepower of power! It has a HEMI 833 four speed transmission to transfer that power to the wheels. It also has a Pistol Grip shifter and TTI Exhaust system. And off course, after all the work was done, the original owner quit using the car for the winter Minnesota season.

VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS

• True One of None
  • 440 CID 6 Pack with 500+ HP Engine
  • Pistol Grip 4 Speed (A-833 Transmission)
  • Featured in Mopar Collector Guide January 2014 Edition (6 Page Article & Cover)
  • TTI 3" Stainless Exhaust with Factory HP Manifolds
  • 8 3/4 Sure Grip Rear End
  • Custom Tach in Dash
  • Power Steering
  • Power Disc Brakes
  • A/C
  • #3 on Mopar Collector Guide Top 10 List for 2014
  • Original Vinyl Top
  • Correct Year Hub Caps
Bright Blue Poly Exterior / Dark Blue Poly Interior
The car comes with Belgium plates. The car also comes with all the documentation and history.
"

e0d51fe0-2a10-45aa-9f86-0757616890b5.jpeg

e0d5dc42-651b-4b18-9b66-be18e150e61a.jpeg

b88709e1-eef8-4a90-93a7-b2cf6847794c.jpeg

61c7c925-6b53-401d-834d-7d7a443bc8ef.jpeg

b92663b4-e7c4-4074-b03a-0b0d609cfcb9.jpeg

a57a8822-9add-462b-bedc-f5fe3f7accf2.jpeg

524017a9-c930-4fe6-a9a8-3cf8bb7f6301.jpeg

4055ef01-58cd-4596-9cb3-f8bb7c855f21.jpeg

8e84ef61-c880-437d-a965-02c2493a2a8c.jpeg

de46c0fc-11c0-4064-9a00-f4b0d0297f7f.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow this car has made it a long ways. I remember seeing it at Mopar’s in the park in MN and talking with Dan about building the car. Good to see it’s still around. He said he would get a good kick out of the people that would walk by saying things like. “Oh my dad had one just like this back in the day”

the dealership in NL just sells it in commission.
There are two big Mopar collectors in Belgium (B&E-Body Hi end muscles usually).
One of those bought that car because he liked it.
Some of his other Mopars are at the same dealership currently, too as he is reducing the collection.
(71 v-code Cuda, 71 Hemi Cuda clone, 70 Coronet R/T vert, 71 Challenger vert and 71 Barracuda vert)

Carsten

There are two big Mopar collectors in Belgium (B&E-Body Hi end muscles usually). (…) Some (…) are at the same dealership currently, too as he is reducing the collection. (…71 Challenger vert )

Carsten
I also see a very tempting Gun Metal gray 71 Challenger R/T coupe, but from a Dutch owner.

5918BFDA-842F-4C04-8265-D08B5B665F8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Somebody correct me, but it seems like this is at least the third time we've seen this for sale in the last few years.

It always strikes me a little funny when I see a car with some mods get passed around. Is there something unseen that's wrong? Maybe the car doesn't have the "staying power" for one owner?

I'd pull drivetrain and ditch the rest. Shes hard to look at. Im sure its buyers regret for the re sales?

I'd pull drivetrain and ditch the rest. Shes hard to look at. Im sure its buyers regret for the re sales?
That's an expensive drivetrain, cheaper to build your own. Be a shame to ditch a perfectly solid body because you don't like the colors.

I think the buyers bought it to brag they got the one of none, and that got old quick, so they sold it. Rinse and repeat.

I'd drive the hell out of it just the way it sits.

Somebody correct me, but it seems like this is at least the third time we've seen this for sale in the last few years.

It always strikes me a little funny when I see a car with some mods get passed around. Is there something unseen that's wrong? Maybe the car doesn't have the "staying power" for one owner?
Big J it might be a case of I have a muscle car, now I need an Audi R8 to go with it and now even more than ever in Europe I need an EV. How much does a muscle car go for in Europe? Is it equivalent to getting an R8 or something special.
If you are in Europe and have the oppertunity to go on the Autobaun, you take it, the wife is German and we toured all of Europe in the mother-in-law's BMW 116, so on the way back to Germany from Italy the wife made a point to try and burry the needle, we made it just shy of 200 kmh. Simple rules in Europe on either the Autobaun in Germany, Autoroute in France and Autostrada in Italy, ....stay to the right and get out of the way! Best way to see Europe is by driving it. Also on the bucket list there was to do switch backs over some mountains; there were so many it got nausiating.

Could just be a case of been there done that also!

Have a nice day,

PT

I lied, I'd have to put rims and RWL tires on it.
Agreed, it needs body-colored wheels and Fratzog dogdish caps.
Those wheelcovers do not fit with the image the builder created.

I am undecided whether I would want the bumpers back to chrome, or painted as current. I'd drive it for 7-10 years while I decided...

I think it's a great looking car. Price is very high, but would be fun to have.

I'm like Scott. If I had big bucks to throw around, I'd buy it and drive it as is. Burn rubber and enjoy!

Only downer for me is the bench seat, otherwise great looking car.

What's wrong with bench seats?!?

Took me 15 years to get a correct bench seat in my Polara, and I love it!

What's wrong with bench seats?!?

Took me 15 years to get a correct bench seat in my Polara, and I love it!
Nothing, especially if you were taking a girl out on a date.

I was just saying that if I had money to buy this car, the type of seat wouldn't stop me.

Back