Position Center Console Brackets

MajorPayne

Reaction score
Hello Guys!

I currently rebuild the interior of my 70 Polara from Column to Center Console but i couldn find proper informations about the exact position of the 3 brackets...

I've found two pictures in the Internet:

No 1
mopar center console mounting brackets - Google Search

No 2
Console shifter and bracket location

The pictures in the thread in the b Body Forum looks more like my tunnel, but they measured only two brackets?
The other problem i have is, that both infos gave me different measures and i also doesn't have a pinch weld?
My interior looks unwelded but my floor panels are completely smooth... I'll take a proper photo tomorrow.

Can you help me?
Thank you all very much in advance!!!

Marcus

I'm looking for the same thing for my 69 fury. I'm sure this has been done before many times. I'm maybe 1/3 the way through the results for searching for the word "console".

I would think a previously installed console would have the hole positions and thus the bracket distance relative to each other. Then you just need the position of 1 of the brackets to give a good start. Without any more help I was going to add temporary longer brackets to the console and see where they hit the floor. My concern is more the left right position. I suppose added the seats will solve this. I always wondered why people cut out the original brackets from other cars but now I understand the positioning is complex and not easily measured.

Also there is this pic but no measurements. - WANTED - Automatic Console mounting brackets

This is a pic from my '70 300 vert. It's the best one I have showing any of the console brackets. Note the rear bracket relation to the seat belt holes, that may give you a place to start.

1646057859278.jpeg

Thank you all for your responses!

The last bracket related to seat holes is a good point but im not sure if they are at the same position like the bench?
And on your photos there are only two brackets?

best regards
Marcus

Thank you all for your responses!

The last bracket related to seat holes is a good point but im not sure if they are at the same position like the bench?
And on your photos there are only two brackets?

best regards
Marcus
The outside seat mounting holes are the same as the bench. The inside mounting holes are added (obviously) for the buckets.

Back