Post your ride

With all these new folks arriving, its good to put a car to a name.

View attachment 115524

My work in Progress, 1969 300

View attachment 115525

These pictures are not too recent, but despite all the work done on them, the cars still look the same.

'66 300 Convertible

dscf1967-jpg.79379

My "Parts Car" - '66 300 Hardtop

66 Chrysler 300 J-Code.jpg

Tell us a bit more about that Charger, could you?

Tell us a bit more about that Charger, could you?
I have owned this Charger from the late 80's Original she was a 318 auto white hat special Charger Tan body with a White roof & interior power windows and A/C with 43 thousand miles sold new in Jeannette Pa. I did very little with her other than parking her in a barn till 2004 when i decided it was time to get on the road { Side note I have owned this car all these years and only put five miles on it } in 2008 with all the body and paint Finnish i was caught up in a really bad head on crash in Indana Pa. Now that i am disabled and cant work anymore i just do what i can even though it takes me a lot longer than i wish i will post some of the pics of her san paint so you all can see what i started with very little rust but a good many dents.
All stripped of paint.jpg
Left Rear 2.jpg
Left Rear.jpg
Right Rear.jpg

Now from 08 to the present i have added a few parts to her she only needs a new four speed shifter installed the old one is just shot & a high toque starter and she will be running minus a few trim pieces here and there.
68 Charger Rear.jpg
Trunk shot.jpg
Int #2.jpg
5c1c44091432604c56005c0cf1ae7478.jpg
DSCN0509.JPG
DSCN0503.JPG
To be honest i haven't touched her in the last three years but honestly i am going to fix her up someday now get off my yard before i gotta call the cops on you punk :elmer: The last two pic's are current don't mind the dust it washes right off :stop:

I know this is a C-body site but that '68 Charger is Mopar perfection!

You're aloud of course but I think everything that was changed in '69 was not an improvement. That being said, the '69 is a beautiful car too but it drops out of my top 5 for sure.

I lean towards the 68. Round taillights, round side markers and the single grille. I tend to prefer the 1st yr. of a body style. First yrs. i.m.o. are the purist or cleanest design. The following yrs., in many cases, seem the changes were made just to make a change.

I usually do NOT like 1st year cars. The first year is usually put together with the best of intentions but the 2nd and 3rd years usually see refinements which equal to enhancements. Last years seem to be there to use up parts and are many times hum drum

I know this is a C-body site but that '68 Charger is Mopar perfection!

Its the only charger i ever wanted the 68 is total bad *** and i agree with what you & rapid trans said
68 charger bumper.jpg
but it was the Dash with that high dash pad,(cuts down your vision dam near 15%) round gauges, and all them rocker switches that make you feel like your stuffed in a cockpit and the tail lights for me they look like the jet exhaust on a fighter plane just way too cool ...

Its the only charger i ever wanted the 68 is total bad *** and i agree with what you & rapid trans said View attachment 117994 but it was the Dash with that high dash pad,(cuts down your vision dam near 15%) round gauges, and all them rocker switches that make you feel like your stuffed in a cockpit and the tail lights for me they look like the jet exhaust on a fighter plane just way too cool ...
Agree 100%, the '68 Charger is the best designed car of the 1960s, best muscle car ever made.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Some pics I found of my 67 sport fury I had...wish I still had that car...ex wife made me sell it so she could buy something she wanted

Back