Power bench seat position

polarus

Reaction score
I'm looking for input from any member that has (had)
IMG_2807.JPG
IMG_2808.JPG
IMG_2810.JPG
a power bench seat, the photo's show the seat in my 72 Polara, they've been restored and are sitting a little high, the seat is all the way back and it still feels like I'm too close to the steering wheel. Can the seat be made to go back farther or is that all there is?

Try adjusting the seat without sitting on the seat and see if you can get it lower and back farther. Sometimes old, dried up grease can limit a seat's travel and the motor's can get tired. It looks like it should go back farther. Hope you are doing well. Are you enjoying the car?

The seat brackets that the seat bolts to have slotted holes for the angle of the entire seat - it looks like the seat has been bolted into the in the most upright position... look down under the seat at the side and you'll see what I mean.

Try adjusting the seat without sitting on the seat and see if you can get it lower and back farther. Sometimes old, dried up grease can limit a seat's travel and the motor's can get tired. It looks like it should go back farther. Hope you are doing well. Are you enjoying the car?
I"m I enjoying the car? Not at the moment! Great to hear from you (and the other members,) I have yet to drive this thing it's about 98% complete and I'm dealing with all the gremlins that keep popping up. I have to use a jump pack to power the seat as it wont work when it's wired to the car, it's not a ground problem, I'll be back at it in the morning, I will post photo's if & when I get it all sorted out.

I will have to do a little research on which brand dashcover it is but I did buy it from Ebay a couple of years ago

I will have to do a little research on which brand dashcover it is but I did buy it from Ebay a couple of years ago
Maybe Dash Designs? Just ordered mine there and really hope itll look as good as yours!

I"m I enjoying the car? Not at the moment! Great to hear from you (and the other members,) I have yet to drive this thing it's about 98% complete and I'm dealing with all the gremlins that keep popping up. I have to use a jump pack to power the seat as it wont work when it's wired to the car, it's not a ground problem, I'll be back at it in the morning, I will post photo's if & when I get it all sorted out.

When I installed a power seat in one of my cars I installed an automotive circuit breaker behind the left kick panel and ran the power wire to power terminal on the starter if I am remembering correctly.

When I upgraded to the power bench frame in my Newport, I did notice a difference.
I sit up a little higher-evrn in the lowest position- but going back was no different than the original manual bench frane

When I upgraded to the power bench frame in my Newport, I did notice a difference.
I sit up a little higher-evrn in the lowest position- but going back was no different than the original manual bench frane
If you look at my last photo and the one posted by 66178rat, they both appear to go back to the roughly the same spot in relation to the B pillar, but there's a big difference in the tilt back.

A couple of photo's when I removed the seat years ago.
IMG_8761.JPG
IMG_8759.JPG

Make sure you lube the crap out of all moving points including the cabkes.

Back