Power Steering Control Valve Question

Fishfan

Reaction score
Anybody have any advice on power steering control valve? (1966 Polara 318) I removed the one on the car because I had a leak where it meets the gearbox. I figured all it needed was new O rings. But when I removed it I saw that the small spring doesn't seem to be in there properly (partially obstructs the hole where the fluid is supposed to come through). I took it apart, there's a large spring, the piston and the small spring. Any advice on how these three pieces are supposed go in and align in the fitting?

Anybody have any advice on power steering control valve? (1966 Polara 318) there's a large spring, the piston and the small spring. Any advice on how these three pieces are supposed go in and align in the fitting?

:sSig_greetingsthor: ........... :welcome:

FSM .........(factory service manual). Get one.

A good trick on the 60's C & Bbody's is to use the control valve from a 6 cyl power steering unit. It will add a little more road feel to the overly sentisitive power steering.

Are these easy enough to find?

I have no road feel at all from my PS box..

And no PS doesn't stand for Play Station!! LOL!!

I'm not having any luck finding a replacement part. I ordered the new O rings and will try to reassemble the control valve according to the cryptic instructions in the service manual.

Back