Power Wagon Question

Dug into it a bit today. Needs inspection to get tag. Thank goodness no emission inspection. No O2 sensor, no catalytic converters, vapor canister disconnected, etc. Truck is as rednecked up as my Fury was when I got it. Found more scotch splice connectors than I could count in the wiring and I really hate those things.

No horn (ground terminal broken off) and the bushing for the passenger side wiper is missing. Ordered from Rock Auto. Truck needs to pull horse trailer by Sunday so I am in a hurry.
Wish it were that way in California!!! There are a number of cars from '76 and up I'd like to have.

Needs inspection to get tag
NC doesn’t emission test anything prior to either 90 or 95. I don’t exactly recall.

Yep, '95. Then at 35 + years old no inspection. So four more years and this truck won't have to be inspected anymore.

It looks like an overall decent truck, but those wheels.... not my choice.

Does you daughter still want it?

The beauty is the 95 down emissions test equipment is so obsolete the repair industry is balking at having to maintain it. Besides the salt takes a bigger toll on a car older than 25 years even surviving that long so the amount of them still on the road are small.

Yep, '95. Then at 35 + years old no inspection. So four more years and this truck won't have to be inspected anymore.

It looks like an overall decent truck, but those wheels.... not my choice.

Does you daughter still want it?

Daughter is 13 so we will see when she is old enough.

I tried to get it home tonight. Low gears are out. Third it ran ok then I noticed the cloud of smoke and could smell the transmission. Left it at a gas station where I know the owner till I have it towed tomorrow.

I don’t like the wheels either.

Gen 3 Dodge tows the old one.

919E9109-6D8D-4E55-9A68-5C6B20542E09.jpeg

Daughter is 13 so we will see when she is old enough.

Perfect time to start driving those back roads. And I know you have plenty of back roads. :steering:

Also, if I had your money I'd be looking at doing a swap in place of a rebuild. She needs a reliable 5.7 and newer trans in there. :thumbsup:

Picked it up from transmission shop today. It’s home. It idles poorly, needs power steering checked. Otherwise, doing well.

B1020F99-FBE1-414E-B096-000227B151B3.jpeg

New belts. Got all lights, wiper and horn working for inspection tomorrow so I can get a tag for it.

Found previous for sale sign. Says heads are rebuilt.

D190091F-A221-4AD4-AE96-817F058CA1FC.jpeg

Wife said the brakes were iffy with the trailer. So, I ordered pads and rotors. Little did I know about the spindle nut with the 4 slots. Have to order the socket. Passenger side caliper looks newer but pads were worn down a lot more than left side. I put pads on but still have to do rotors.

Back