Prestones '72 Javelin AMX prototype

IMHO, the car was built to attract attention for Prestone and it does just that. Looking at the car, to me it's a bunch of styling cues that are lumped together and painted a hideous green. Quite frankly, I don't look at this car as a "high end" build. What is there might be done as well as the budget allowed, but there's a couple areas where I think the fit could be better. That's really nitpicking and I'm sure this car wasn't built to be picked apart for judging. Again, it was built purposely to attract attention to a product and that it does.

Obviously, they did a better quality job than I would have done in my garage. They are, after all, professionals and have more resources than I do. Personally, I'm not a fan of car builds that feature carbon fiber and billet components and that seems to be the focus of the Ring Brother's business.

I don't think I have to show anybody my cars... or my resume ... or my bank account.... or unzip my pants... to qualify to criticize the looks of a "promotional gimmick" car. To me this car is like the Oscar Meyer Wiener Wagon or the Zippo Lighter '47 Chrysler. Well... OK, on a different level of execution, but the same principal. Prestone will trailer the thing around to trade shows and maybe get some press here and there and that's fine. It won't go down in history as some automotive milestone.

I do like the black Mustang though...

I work in the industry and build musclecars on this level. I know the amount of blood, sweat and passion it takes to build something with 5000+ man hours in it. For that clown to call it a hideous rice burner is just rude and low brow. If you can't look at this car and say wow I can appreciate this thing but this this and this could have been done differently. You know... a little thing called constructive criticism..??

Your potty mouth is obnoxious. You'd be better served to do without it and thicken your skin.

There, constructive criticism.

Or the redbull mini cars, which pop up for sale every now and then

IMHO, which only counts for me, but I will gladly throw it out there to be kicked about. Going through the gallery for the car (I can't grab the picture, protected I guess) the one looking down the side from rear it looks alot like a new Camaro with Javelin pieces stuck on. They moved the front wheels forward 6.5", for what? Oh, to push the wheels out to the corners to make it look more like a modern car....... seems we already have modern cars all over. Their builds always seem to be smoothing, covering up and a look how much money we spent on tidbits and hardware.
Not a fan of show cars in general, got turned off to them at a early age at the "World of Wheels" when the cars sidepipes all had painted details inside the outlet.
Show me a picture of that Javelin with bugs all over the front and some rock chips in those spoilers from running all night to get somewhere. Better yet show me the Peterbilt or Kenworth with the bugs and rock chips that drug the trailer that that car rides around in.
I do like cars at a show but show cars not so much.

Back