Profmopar - NOS member

Profmopar

Reaction score
Hello fellow C-body fans. I joined a while back, but this is the first post. My C-bodies: '69 Newport Custom 2-door; '71 New Yorker 4-door; '71 Fury 3 4-door; '71 Imperial 4-door. As you can see, I'm a Fuselage nut. I live in Southern Australia where we have big skies like Montana, open highways, and plenty of Mopar guys. When I get a chance I'll send some pictures of the cars (and Southern Australia). Also, I don't know if it is acceptable practice, but I'll plead for anyone who can sell me a few trim bits I need. Thanks for the site, and the C-body community,
Kind regards,
Adam

Welcome to the site from tne Motor City!

:sSig_greetingsthor: ............ :welcome: ..... From Alabama, USA

Look forward to seeing your cars..... As for parts, there is a "Wanted" thread here. Post your needs and you may get lucky... I have.

Welcome from Massachusetts (somewhere still digging out of a snow pile) .. :snow_plow_oz:

boston-residents-sick-of-nonstop-snow-slushy-sidewalks.jpg

Welcome from Finland! We love fusies here too... And we'd love to see pics of your cars.

Welcome from California! Would be interested in seeing photos of your cars also. About a year ago, I sold a 1971 New Yorker 4 door hardtop with low miles and GJ4 April Green metallic exterior color to a guy in Australia. It was a very nice original car. Any chance you are the fellow that bought it?
Steve

Profmopar - That guy in Australia

Hello everyone, I'm overwhelmed with the welcome; thank you all.

To Steve: Yes, I am that guy who bought your New Yorker. I did a full service of all the serviceables, fixed the carb, fit a new dual 2.5" exhaust, and put it on the road. Since the AC and Speed control weren't working, and because I never use those functions, I removed and boxed them carefully. The car runs well, drives beautifully, and picked up some power and economy with the tune up. I drive it into town regularly, much to the interest of the locals; and I've also taken it on a few interstate (~500 mile) trips. I'm not exaggerating when I state that it is more comfortable on any of these runs than modern cars I've driven. I will attempt an upload of him parked on our high field around 300 miles west of Melbourne, our capital.

The other car I'll attempt to upload is my '69 Newport Custom. It is a rust-free California car with H-code 383 4bbl, 727, and 3.23's. It is an A4 Platinum metallic, V1X car. I intend to restore this car with my son (currently 11yo) in the next few years, with no modifications except a gear swap from 3.23 to 2.94 to suit our roads. Unfortunately, a previous owner decided to hold the body trims on with self-tappers. I will soon post a wanted add for these. Also, I have often wondered how many of the 10,955 2-door Newport Customs in 1969 had the H-code option ticked. Discussions with other Mopar guys result in opinions ranging from "Thousands" to "probably less than 30!" If anyone knows, I'd sure be appreciative of any input.

Again, thanks for the big, and International, welcome.

Prof.

NY FL CU - email C.jpg

NC69 FL MR - email.jpg

Hello Prof,

I have some rear quarter NOS trim pieces that I was planning to use on a 69 Newport Custom, but I ended up selling the car. It was also a 2 door. If you want them, you can have them for what I paid for them plus shipping to Australia. Let me know if you want those. I don't have any other trim for that car though. PM me if you would like.

Steve

Back