Purrs like a kitten

budgetmoparman

Reaction score
I finally got time to work on my newly acquired 68 sport fury 383. I rebuilt the 2bbl carter, put new plugs and wires in it, cleaned the distributor points, and hooked up a temporary electric fuel pump with a gas can because the tank has a hole in it. It runs awesome. No knocks, ticks, squeaks, or rattles. When it is warm I just reach in and touch the key and it fires right up.

I finally got time to work on my newly acquired 68 sport fury 383. I rebuilt the 2bbl carter, put new plugs and wires in it, cleaned the distributor points, and hooked up a temporary electric fuel pump with a gas can because the tank has a hole in it. It runs awesome. No knocks, ticks, squeaks, or rattles. When it is warm I just reach in and touch the key and it fires right up.
:thumbsup:

Congrats!
Now get rid of them thar points!
Go electronic ignition or Pertronix at least if you want reliability.

There is a lot of modern day tech stuffed in here yet it looks very stock!
Keep posting updates and feel free to ask any questions.
boab 2018 006.JPG

Congrats!
Now get rid of them thar points!
Go electronic ignition or Pertronix at least if you want reliability.

There is a lot of modern day tech stuffed in here yet it looks very stock!
Keep posting updates and feel free to ask any questions.
View attachment 232438
Going to convert to hei ignition. I need to go thru the entire brake system also. I think the master cylinder needs to be rebuilt and some new brake lines. I have a long list of stuff but winters are long here in Minnesota so I have plenty of time to get it ready for spring.

Back