Push button ac switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
you might want to send him a PM so it will pop up when he logs on to bad he doesn't have email address set up to allow emails

Marty's email address.......

www.mkolner14@hotmail.com

I have the switches NOS

NOS parts are great but in this instance it has been my experience they will fail in short order because they are still comprised of 50 year old brittle plastic. I initially bought an NOS unit for my car and had to have it restored a couple years later. The wafer boards on the inside broke causing the push buttons to not function.

50 year old plastic......brittle.....impossible.....oh wait I live in AZ.....gee that plastic on the exterior of my car seems a little dry and powdery.....is it the sun or the dry heat?

It was 111 this week.....just a good start. It gets worse. You should see weather-stripping here. It has the feel of a potato chip after a few years. NO RUST though.

50 year old plastic......brittle.....impossible.....oh wait I live in AZ.....gee that plastic on the exterior of my car seems a little dry and powdery.....is it the sun or the dry heat?

It was 111 this week.....just a good start. It gets worse. You should see weather-stripping here. It has the feel of a potato chip after a few years. NO RUST though.

Does that 50 year old NOS plastic switch come with a warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back