Putting a price on a 1965 poly 318 with matching cable shift 727/ engine swap questions

moparbishi

Reaction score
First of all hello everyone!
I have I 1965 Plymouth fury I with the poly/wideblock 2bbl 318 and column cable shifted 727. Car runs and drives perfect no issues with drivetrain other than your normal oil leaks etc. which will be addressed. car has 95K original miles. I have tons of paperwork with the car as far as repairs etc. I am currently in the process of doing suspension and brake upgrades as well as normal rust repair. After all of that is said and done id like to pull the poly out and put my already built LA 318/727 combo in the car. I know good power can be made from the poly but I have a perfect engine/trans already. I have a few questions as far as swapping from the poly to the LA.

1st question is what kind of price should I put on the poly engine/trans? Buyer can come drive the car to ensure condition of everything.

2nd question is ive heard a few conflicting stories on swapping from poly to LA mainly motor mount wise. I have searched through the forums for a few days and haven't really came up with positive information. just from eyeballing the driver side mount looks to be a bit far forward for a LA. I know that the transmission mounts, speedometer cable, and shift cable/linkage will have to be changed for the later style 727. I've already sourced everything in that department. I would like this swap to go smoothly as it can.

Any and all information you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated! I will try to post some pictures of the car and the build in progress as I move forward!
thanks for your time!!

I paid $250 for my non running poly. I'd say take whatever you and a potential buyer come up with as a fair price. A 318 LA will plug right in to a post 1962 car.

probably about $400 for the package provided the compression is good.

If you were near me I'd gladly give you $1000 for it. Just a matter of finding the right person in your area with a need.

Back