QQ1 spray can

66furys

Reaction score
This is the 66 dark red poly, not later blues. I found a paint code of 71476 but have not found any kind of duplicate spray can for some touch ups. Anyone had any luck with this paint. thanks

Have you checked the TCP Global website for that code and possibly getting it in a spray can?

Otherwise, a quart of that paint and a Preval sprayer unit (glass bottle onto which a sprayer unit is screwed on, making it a reuseable spray item. They are available from many sources and quite handy. Just that you have to "mix your own" as to reducers and such.

CBODY67

I prefer using the Preval. The cans of touch up paint I've used never seem to match that good. The Home Depots near me, carry the Preval in the paint section.

I think you are both right. Have a friend who got a couple refillable spray cans that I will look into. Nothing is easy. And if I wanted patience, I would have been a doctor.

Where in Virginia are you? I have had rattle cans of original factory colors mixed and put in spray cans at Auto Body Supply in Winchester. The color is always a great match. They have original paint chip cards going back at least to the 50's, so you can pick the color from the original paint chip card for your 66 Fury. I just went in a couple weeks ago to inquire about the 65 vs. the 66 light blue paint color (for my 66 Polara). The "CC1" Light Blue paint codes are the same, but look slightly different. They confirmed for me that the 65 color had a different formula than the 66 color.

new hampshire blue vert 1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I am near charlottesville, but have a friend in Front Royal.......sooooo. Might get me to rethink using a mini HVLP and mixing. Thanks....esp since they would know about correct colors.

Well, I am near charlottesville, but have a friend in Front Royal.......sooooo. Might get me to rethink using a mini HVLP and mixing. Thanks....esp since they would know about correct colors.
Last time I went there, they mixed and filled a couple spray cans of Top Banana Yellow, for my buddy's Dart Swinger, while we waited. Only took about fifteen minutes.

If you'll be making the trip to Winchester yourself, you might also want to stop in at AMK Products in Winchester, if you need any automotive hardware. From windshield trim clips to intake manifold bolts, it might be worth looking at their website and their on line catalog before you make the trip. (AMK open to walk in traffic only on week days and closed for lunch)

Last edited:
Back