Question on 69 c body trunk extensions

Davews

Reaction score
Hello all... I'm ready to install the trunk floor in my 69 Polara, but really do need a passenger side extension. Anybody know of a Source? I looked at the pics on C 2 C site, but they do not look correct. Any others? Thanks, Dave

Nobody makes correct reproduction parts for C bodies.
You will have to salvage a used one, or fabricate it.
I'm curious what you are using for a trunk floor. A used one?

I made the mistake of buying a C2C trunk pan early on.....Anybody want to buy a trunk pan? :rofl:

I used 73 chrysler extensions in my 71. Had to get creative to make them work. But they are in and when all the finish work is complete, it will be hard to tell the difference. And if you can tell the difference you spent to long looking at my trunk and I am gonna shut it. Ha.

20180510_202333.jpg

20180613_225202.jpg

Nobody makes correct reproduction parts for C bodies.
You will have to salvage a used one, or fabricate it.
I'm curious what you are using for a trunk floor. A used one?
I posted pics awhile back...I removed a clean pan out of a 72 c body supplied by Murray Park....
20171224_161014.jpg

Very nice. Done that many times myself.
Maybe if enough of us contact Auto Metal Direct, they will reproduce new trunk floors for the C body cars.
I'd say there is a market.

Very nice. Done that many times myself.
Maybe if enough of us contact Auto Metal Direct, they will reproduce new trunk floors for the C body cars.
I'd say there is a market.

Do you not have a connection with AMD? seem to remember our friend saying something to that effect. It sure would be nice to be able to see them provide the most replaced parts like extensions and rear quarters.

Do you not have a connection with AMD? seem to remember our friend saying something to that effect. It sure would be nice to be able to see them provide the most replaced parts like extensions and rear quarters.
I was out at mopar spring fling in CA in 2017 and talked with AMD about C Body sheet metal.... they were rude to me and acted like i was wasting their time even talking to them...they do not respect C body lovers....period

Yes, I am a dealer for AMD products.
If they get enough requests, they will look at making parts.
Right now they are making nearly every panel for the 63 and 64 Galaxies. If there is a market for those, I would think there is a market for C body trunk floors and interior floors, especially since they fit so many years.
So C body guys, email or call AMD and tell them you want C body parts, and maybe they will think about it.
I will suggest it myself

He shipped the entire section frame rails & all via regular truck strapped to pallets. I unloaded at my work place and put it in my pickup.... not an easy thing to do if your having it delivered to your garage

He shipped the entire section frame rails & all via regular truck strapped to pallets. I unloaded at my work place and put it in my pickup.... not an easy thing to do if your having it delivered to your garage
May i ask what he charge you for it

May i ask what he charge you for it
It was a while ago but I think it was $500 plus shipping....and it took him 6 months to find one.... I did notice yesterday, there is one posted on this site for $200 plus shipping ...located in ND.... if I needed one, I'd snag it....

All 69-73 C bodies use the same trunk floor. Everything from a Fury to an Imperial.

If I remember right, the 65-68 are almost the same too.

It was a while ago but I think it was $500 plus shipping....and it took him 6 months to find one.... I did notice yesterday, there is one posted on this site for $200 plus shipping ...located in ND.... if I needed one, I'd snag it....

Wow didnt know they were worth that much i might ha e to raise my price lol

Trunk floors are very time consuming to properly cut out. That does ad to the price. And they are no fun to do either. $500 sounds like a lot but after spending the better part of a day cutting it out and preparing it for shipping it's not a real moneymaker.

Ya im finding thst out this is kicking my butt broke 4 spot bits

Back