Ram TRX

Should read, "We lock up our PCMs so tight you can't do **** with them".

Apparently Holley has set their sights on 3rd gen Hemi swaps. Mopar's stranglehold on PCM coding is about to be broken.

All of the modern hemi performance shops offer unlocked PCM's for the last few years. HHP, Forza Performance & Tuning, Diablo Motorsports, etc. all will unlock your PCM and/or sell an unlocked PCM to you so you can keep your original PCM. All of these shops offer just about any custom tune that you want on your PCM.

All of the modern hemi performance shops offer unlocked PCM's for the last few years. HHP, Forza Performance & Tuning, Diablo Motorsports, etc. all will unlock your PCM and/or sell an unlocked PCM to you so you can keep your original PCM. All of these shops offer just about any custom tune that you want on your PCM.
As long as it is in your car. Problem is the swap to a older vehicle. You can't just eliminate sections of the PCM, or not have a BCM to talk to. That has been the problem with Hemi swaps, and it is why the LS swap is so popular. You can buy a aftermarket ECU to run a stock LS with none of the original pieces, trans ,body, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, memory seat, rain sensing wipers, etc., it just runs the engine and allows for boost, nitrous, whatever, and not have it stick searching for a particular key fob.

In other words, get the engine only out of one of these TRX things and put it into a caged stock suspension Duster with a pulley swap, a little shot of spray and a full tilt power glide trans and run deep in the 9s. Without ever even opening the engine up.

As long as it is in your car. Problem is the swap to a older vehicle. You can't just eliminate sections of the PCM, or not have a BCM to talk to. That has been the problem with Hemi swaps, and it is why the LS swap is so popular. You can buy a aftermarket ECU to run a stock LS with none of the original pieces, trans ,body, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, memory seat, rain sensing wipers, etc., it just runs the engine and allows for boost, nitrous, whatever, and not have it stick searching for a particular key fob.

In other words, get the engine only out of one of these TRX things and put it into a caged stock suspension Duster with a pulley swap, a little shot of spray and a full tilt power glide trans and run deep in the 9s. Without ever even opening the engine up.
Yup, you run without some sensors on a factory OCM and you're going to be throwing codes constantly, modern obd II systems are heavily reliant on Can bus signals and sensor feedback

hennessey-ram-trx-6x6-1-1598986869.jpg
Hennessey Ram TRX 6x6 Makes 1200 HP, Available to Order Friday

I can't read the article, but based on the title I say;
upload_2020-10-30_8-59-47.png

I know they have floated plans for an all electric Jeep too. Is this an attempt to appeal to the "green" crowd or political crowd who won't be buying these type of vehicles? These may appeal to a few "soccer moms" but I guessing they will both be a flop and cancelled within a few years. Just like that last hybrid Jeep option (I'm not against hybrid vehicles, but the buying public sure didn't embrace the Jeep being one).

"Italian luxury leather goods brand Aznom has turned the Ram 1500 pickup into a competitor to Bentley and Rolls-Royce’s sedans called the Palladium."

I'm nowhere near buying a Bentley, Rolls or one of their true competitors, but if I was, this ugly *** truck thing would not even be near the list.

Back