Rare Fury?? You decide.

What is under the hood?
I tried to convince him to open the hood, and to be honest, there was no physical way to do it. That’s how cluttered up the place is. I reckon a solid week of moving junk would be involved in getting any decent pics of this thing. It is unreal.

:popcorn:
Where are you in Kentucky?
Maggie and I are doing a road trip through there in December.
PM me if you prefer.

:popcorn:
Where are you in Kentucky?
Maggie and I are doing a road trip through there in December.
PM me if you prefer.
I’m in the “tri-state” area WV OH KY along the Ohio river. Most of my finds lately are in Ohio.

Lol, you're good at spinning a yarn!

So you gonna trade a Cub Cadet for it?
The small block Fury is on 3rd street in Ironton, Ohio. IOU motors. I haven’t had any luck in contacting them. Area code 740 voice mail is all I get
23994866-D2BF-46AF-9734-97C4489A080F.jpeg

This wagon might be for sale, according to the Fury owner. Who claims to be the wagon owners uncle.

42F54CA6-456C-4056-9C00-BAFFE304A40C.jpeg

Other assorted thoughts and observations in no certain order: Owner is touted the hood scoops as original. Also said it has the original wire spoke wheel covers. The car is red, but I saw evidence of a repaint in the door jamb, I think.
It’s a Convertible, AC, Tilt, power seat, Sport Fury. Is it a factory 383? Can’t be sure. Remember the “not for sale “Fury outside? It has a 340 out of a Demon in it. And a canoe on top of it! Anything is possible.
The amount of junk surrounding the building this car is in is problematic, to say the least. The amount of junk inside the building is staggering. He’s supposed to call me when he decides on a price. It’s going to have to be cheap before I bite on it. It would be a major undertaking to dig it out enough to make an assessment of what it is, much less remove it from there.

I'd enjoy a photo documentary of you digging it out, hauling it back to your house, and getting it prepped for a roadtrip to Volo :poke:

I'd enjoy a photo documentary of you digging it out, hauling it back to your house, and getting it prepped for a roadtrip to Volo :poke:
IF I do get it, I’ll be selling it for profit to fund my Polara project. That’s a big IF. I mostly went there to see if he had any interesting Mopar stuff besides the Fury. I didn’t know it was a convertible or that it was buried to the extent it is.

IF I do get it, I’ll be selling it for profit to fund my Polara project. That’s a big IF. I mostly went there to see if he had any interesting Mopar stuff besides the Fury. I didn’t know it was a convertible or that it was buried to the extent it is.

If he don't try to gouge you then go for it.

Looky what I found,Fury fans!

This is the other thread :). I wish I could get that one :) but you have dibs on her.

As for THIS Fury holy smoke! Now you have a mystery Fury and who knows what.
I have the car I want. I don’t have dibs on anything. the blue small block Fury is at IOU cars in Ironton,Ohio. 740 532 1600 have at it and good luck.

Very nice find on the Sport Fury ragtop! It's always rewarding when a word of mouth lead on a car actually pays off. I've found that most of them are wild goose chases that go nowhere. Hopefully you can work out a deal with the owner and can get it in the hands of someone that will give it a good home. The car would be a looker all nice and cleaned up, plus being a Big block with buckets/console and tilt steering is cool.
My 1970 300 was pretty much buried like that when I first went and tried to look at it. It was shoved in the back corner of a shop with stuff surrounding it, I couldn't get within 15 feet of the car. After chatting with the owner for over an hour I decided to buy the car without actually seeing it up close. Took the owner five months to clear a path to the car so I could pick it up. I was pleasantly surprised with the car after seeing it in person.
Keep in contact with him and offer to help unearth the car with him and you might get a good deal in the end.

69-70 coronet & Super Bee scoops. Same as 1970 dart swinger, 1971 Duster Twister.

Fury looks Super interesting from here, wash it up and it may look nice yet. I like it.

Last edited:
Back