Rear quarter window track...

91talon

Reaction score
Ok, so my driver side rear window didn't want to roll down. I pulled out the rear seat, pulled off the panel, and looked at the window again. Turns out the rear track does not have the rollers, and the window is propped up via a metal bracket in the body.

Should I just be able to buy new rollers and install them onto the track? I couldn't see all the way down in the body panel, but it looked like the rollers were not on the track.

I'm still waiting for my shop manual to get here.

Being unfamiliar with your year and without seeing exactly what your talking about I would try to reassemble the rollers and the track. Then see if it works or why it does not,I would assume that it had trouble in the past and the previous owner did what he did as a quick fix.
Yet after re reading what you said you dont have rollers or guides. Is that true? If so I would look for new guides and start from there.

Being unfamiliar with your year and without seeing exactly what your talking about I would try to reassemble the rollers and the track. Then see if it works or why it does not,I would assume that it had trouble in the past and the previous owner did what he did as a quick fix.
Yet after re reading what you said you dont have rollers or guides. Is that true? If so I would look for new guides and start from there.

It's for a '66 Monaco 500, sorry.

Yes, it looks like the rollers and guides are missing from the bottom of the window.

Don't apologize, I have never opened up any part of a 66 Monaco or Polara.

How is the right side, working o.k.? perhaps open up that side and see what is different, compare the two.

Don't apologize, I have never opened up any part of a 66 Monaco or Polara.

How is the right side, working o.k.? perhaps open up that side and see what is different, compare the two.

That's probably what I will end up doing. I received my FSM last night, and started looking through it. I looks like I'm missing something, but I won't be sure until I look on the other side.

Back