Rectrans RV(s)

Probably was, the Hot Wheels were better looking overall imo..

It is a step up from a shopping cart RV though. In Oregon derelict RV campers are now the abode of choice for the large homeless population here. You see ones that obviously do not run parked pretty much everywhere on city streets.

Dave

I've been to Portland and seen how crappy your state is with homelessness. You about a week behind with that shithole state of CA.! Do they still have as much **** on the street as they did a couple years ago? You can have your mucked up coastal state, thank you!

I've been to Portland and seen how crappy your state is with homelessness. You about a week behind with that shithole state of CA.! Do they still have as much **** on the street as they did a couple years ago? You can have your mucked up coastal state, thank you!
Stubs, while you couldn't pay me to live on the West Coast for various reasons, what you state above specifically can be said for all 50 states.
There's Shitholes everywhere. You just pick your poison.

3924269_orig.jpg

I owned a Rectrans ('76) in the late '80s. 413 auto, all Dodge frame and driveline, and instrumentation. The side window glass is Camaro, with GM regulators and window cranks, oddly enough. They sleep 4, with twin beds in back and the usual dinette-into-a-bed. They drive great, but for their size, the storage areas make no sense. They leak at the roof vent and the roof AC unit. Cool, but not real practical. Lots of wasted space.

Portland is a liberal mecca. The moron politicians actively encourage the homeless and Illegal immigrants to reside in the city and the police do very little to clear out homeless camps. The camp has to be declared a public health hazard before it cam be broken up. That is why thinking Oregonians all live outside the city.

Dave

Some very interesting items from Dodge's past dominance of the RV-chassis market. Probably better than a Winnebago of that era! Update the power trains a bit, gas or diesel, and they would probably last a good long while. Lots of neat features, aside from the aerodynamic styling! Hope they find a good home!

CBODY67
That's it??? Only three lines? Are you feeling ok?:poke::D

Tell us how you really feel Stubby:poke:

I first saw these in the movie "Slither" back when I was a kid. Because of their odd look, I thought they were something that the movie studio built special for the film. I was quite surprised to see one in person 20 years later at a Northeast Hemi Owners Association car show near Allentown. My memory of the movie was that it was kind of dark and scary, but when looking it up for the pictures, they say it's a comedy. It looks like I'm going to have to watch it again to refresh my memory.

View attachment 215559

View attachment 215560

Same story here. I think they did something to the back springs on the movie RVs. The rear end flung down when the thing went airborne!

Back