Replacing my convertible top - 1965 Chrysler

Thank you! I’m about to tackle this job on my 67 Fury. The manual that came with the top is very generic, with general descriptions of how most tops are installed. Not very specific. And the instructions state to make notes while removing the old top to see how mine goes back together. Problem is I bought the car with the top already stripped off.
You solved my first problem of how the pads attack to the header. I’ll be following this as I install mine.
Thanks again.

Good luck with the project. Looking at the Factory Service Manual, the '67 top looks mostly the same as my '65, but there may be some slight differences. I know the top well is wider, so the rear curtain extends farther back towards the trunk lid, but it looks like it attaches the same way. This is why the '67-68 cars can have glass rear windows and the '65-66 can't.

If you don't have a FSM for your car you can download one here. Service Manuals – MyMopar

Good luck with the project. Looking at the Factory Service Manual, the '67 top looks mostly the same as my '65, but there may be some slight differences. I know the top well is wider, so the rear curtain extends farther back towards the trunk lid, but it looks like it attaches the same way. This is why the '67-68 cars can have glass rear windows and the '65-66 can't.

If you don't have a FSM for your car you can download one here. Service Manuals – MyMopar
Got it finished, with many thanks to you. Your description and pictures helped immensely.
IMG_2030.jpeg

Back