Restaurants & Diners

My dad worked for the father in -law and brother in law of Keith Hawkins' (owner of Green Hills) so we shopped there. Grew up on Glenwood Ave rights at the five way intersection with geddes/strathmore etc. went to Roberts El, Bellvue Jr High and then Pebble Hill school in Dewitt.

How about the Pig Stand in Dewitt?Syracuse restaurants we wish we had back (photos)

and Enrico's Italian is where we went for special occasions- i think the only one that it was used for was maybe my Mom's Bday...

Bill's Fish fry when it was on Salina before it moved to Seneca TP and how about Doug's Fish Fry in Skaneateles ? if you like fish and live in Marcellus, you probably go there? I have picts of me and my kids (both the older ones in their 40's and the stepson's in their 20's) standing in front of Doug's.
Wow... I wasn't too far away... I grew up on Chaffee Ave, off Valley Drive just north of Webster Pond. Usually the answer to the next question is "just up the street from the Cass's and across from the Hoxie's. LOL Went to Van Duyn elementary, Clary JH and opted to go to Central Tech rather than Corcoran HS. You're a couple years older, I'm 68, but I'll bet if we sat down, we'd know a bunch of the same people.

I'm living off Seneca Tnpk now, just as you start down the hill into Marcellus.

Bill's Inn was one of my favorites for a long time.. They didn't last long after the move. Funny... I just drove by there and even was in Green Hills this morning. Doug's is one of my favorite spots. Best fried oysters anywhere. I was never in the Pig Stand, but I went down that list of restaurants and yep, been in most of those and there's a few I miss... Especially Webber's.

The Will Hop Inn was a legend in Minnetonka for many moons. Was taken down as part of redevelopment for an office building. I got to go there just after I turned 21 to enjoy a cold frosty beverage and a burger, it was gone two years later.

245438792_275520237912599_3815921684679385905_n.jpg

245607110_275520174579272_5055007640131868816_n.jpg

img.jpeg
img (1).jpeg

Cold Springs Tavern (Santa Barbara, CA), continued operation from about 1868
Once on the main route up the coast, the current route through Gaviota Pass was frequently impassable.

This place is packed more often than not.

ColdSpringsTavern.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
Back