Restoration of my families grocery getter

Looking good! Them side windows are a pain. I lost one from my parts car trying to pull it without hurting the gasket. One wrong move and it just exploded.
Did both of mine, with a really big double hand handle straight screw driver, putty knife and an old linoleum knife, and held my breath

Glass is going in, tranny is being serviced. The heart is close to being, installed.

View attachment 249118

Wonderwagon, GREAT JOB! - I'm mocking up my motor and detailing it as well before installing. What color are you going to paint the AC tubing that runs along the rear of the engine.

After this photo was taken I stripped everything down and it's actually BRASS, but did see some engine color underneath. When my pops worked rebuilt the motor I think he just painted everything BLACK. Do you know if the AC tubing and canisters from the factory came brass/copper or painted the engine color?

upload_2020-2-19_20-18-11.png

Will be restarting the process this spring, will be in Portland and Boise this spring I'll look at the respective cars in the yards of the respective city's and post pictures

Its been a long while, covid shut down the live entertainment industry 16 months ago. So this project was put on hold, little did I know it also shut down the shop where the car wa being worked on. So last week three trips, one with a very full 12' rental box truck and two with the old Dakota, to pick up parts, well there is little labeled and bagged. So the sorting and labeling has begun. I am appalled by the lack of organization, box on right their way, left my way

16277790618911043738379.jpg

Its been a long while, covid shut down the live entertainment industry 16 months ago. So this project was put on hold, little did I know it also shut down the shop where the car wa being worked on. So last week three trips, one with a very full 12' rental box truck and two with the old Dakota, to pick up parts, well there is little labeled and bagged. So the sorting and labeling has begun. I am appalled by the lack of organization, box on right their way, left my way

View attachment 478484
Welcome back. Shame to hear about your dilemma. Out of curiosity, could you share pictures of her progress so far?

View attachment 478484
Looks like a good place to stay away from.

Well, got through the dozen or so boxes, bins, and loose parts, with a couple more found. Everthing has been tagged with smaller parts bagged and tagged. Hardware bags will be next. and finishing an inventory list that has its first printing. will dump each bin and check off. Two weeks at about 4-6 hours a day with a Service manual, parts book, Crash book and a couple other things. How do 300 bagged and tags parts looked organized? Sixteen bins and larger pieces stored. Couple big items missing, underhood wireharness, the radiator rock shield and the 3rd row seat footwell sheet metal trim. Dosen't look like much

20210813_183005.jpg

Been awhile since been updated. Three years of Covid, the shop closed where the car was. Two weeks of sorting parts bagging/ tagging, photographing, making storage bin spread sheets and linking the row yo a photo. Finally something to bring the heart break of the shop, the collapse of the entertainment industry. Looks like I've found new full time employment doing architectural lighting installation supervision.

Wew, the fun shopping trip. Hidden Valley Auto Parts had the under-hood, heating/ Ac control and brake light wiring harnesses. All the sheet metal trim for the 3rd row seating foot well. Hopefully a serviceable vacuum resivour,, and parts window washer fluid tank. BORING pictures let's try again. Couldn't find the garden hose

20220225_105421.jpg

20220225_103521.jpg

20220225_104241.jpg

Bagged, tagged, connectors labeled for their end use devices. Have the harness for patterns, now to decide the next course. Pack'em for the flight back to Chicago this week. Still have the remains of the washer bottle and a complete vacuum resvoir to clean up. Hope TSA isn't a pain, already checked with a supervisor two weeks ago. Fingers crossed.

16472111194089170500575876796901.jpg

Bagged, tagged, connectors labeled for their end use devices. Have the harness for patterns, now to decide the next course. Pack'em for the flight back to Chicago this week. Still have the remains of the washer bottle and a complete vacuum resvoir to clean up. Hope TSA isn't a pain, already checked with a supervisor two weeks ago. Fingers crossed.

View attachment 520031
Made it through TSA, now to pack the interior bits for the next flight

Today is a momentus day, in a couple ways. Hung the rear tailgate on the car. Things almost went sideways. The upper hing was from 1970. The upper hing pivot point uses a captured pin in the casting. 69' the pin stays with the door hing casting and drops down into the body half of the upper hing. Lower pivot point, needs to drop over the pivot bushing at the same time. The only way to do this is to spring the door open between the tailgate and door position to finess it on. Forgot the wireing goes through the tailgate pivot' so pinched a few will need to slip some heat shrink on.

Best part of the day was my daughter pitching to manage the wires. Based on our routing guess.

Heavy lifting was brought to me by my friend Kevin, we retouched a year ago or so attending a close mutual friends funeral. Was good to see him. Of course some pics:

20220813_150511.jpg

20220813_150458.jpg

Parts back from the powder coater. I hope toget the front fenders and rear bumper hung before winter.

Had one other surprise after the tailgate got rehung, neither the door or tailgate opens without manually tripping the latches. Hope to clean and lubricate everything, close attention to the handle mechanisim will be made

20220815_174404.jpg

Back