Restoration of my families grocery getter

This will throw the scent.......
IMG_1036JPG-200x150.jpg
IMG_1039JPG.jpg

Pics part two, the motor has been cleaned, compression test cold; found one cylinder at the minimum. So off to the rebuilder to set that right and install hardened valve seats for the crappie gas.

Also checked the front sub frame powder coat color matched the gloss level on the swatch, and did a paint match to the color chip, very close. I always used dupont laquor colors, forgot the paint canx and used a dark gray primer. Suppose it darkened, the top coat a bit. Factory used a med gray, and a two stage paint is used on the latest and greatest incarnation of the wonder wagon. it was very exciting. Wish I had the time like the cool members have to do the work myself, life is my job, my job is my life, my marriage is my job, and on......

20180905_130814.jpg

20180905_130734.jpg

20180905_130425.jpg

20180905_130352.jpg

20180905_130241.jpg

20180905_130023.jpg

20180905_130016.jpg

20180905_125954.jpg

20180905_132548.jpg

Wish I had the time like the cool members have to do the work myself, life is my job, my job is my life, my marriage is my job, and on......
I wish I had the $$ you've invested in her, I might have been able to build an additional garage to DIY more of my projects... I'd still need more time though :(

Your wagon really looks to be coming together very nicely... are you starting to plan her maiden voyage? :thumbsup:

I wish I had the $$ you've invested in her, I might have been able to build an additional garage to DIY more of my projects... I'd still need more time though :(

Your wagon really looks to be coming together very nicely... are you starting to plan her maiden voyage? :thumbsup:
Yellowstone is booked for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, the car will be 50 as well, where we were when it happened

Pics part two, the motor has been cleaned, compression test cold; found one cylinder at the minimum. So off to the rebuilder to set that right and install hardened valve seats for the crappie gas.

Also checked the front sub frame powder coat color matched the gloss level on the swatch, and did a paint match to the color chip, very close. I always used dupont laquor colors, forgot the paint canx and used a dark gray primer. Suppose it darkened, the top coat a bit. Factory used a med gray, and a two stage paint is used on the latest and greatest incarnation of the wonder wagon. it was very exciting. Wish I had the time like the cool members have to do the work myself, life is my job, my job is my life, my marriage is my job, and on......

View attachment 210808

View attachment 210829

View attachment 210831

View attachment 210832

View attachment 210833

View attachment 210834

View attachment 210835

View attachment 210838

View attachment 210839

I can say nothing else but wow!

Every time I look at these sorts of posts I want to tear my car down completely. I just know me and my financial situation ... it'd NEVER get done.

Awesome build, man. I can't wait to see the final results.

Every time I look at these sorts of posts I want to tear my car down completely. I just know me and my financial situation ... it'd NEVER get done.

Awesome build, man. I can't wait to see the final results.
I am very lucky to have a very patient spouse, whom understands the memories wrapped up in the family member. Also to be fortunate to have a career that suports
this interest. As a teenager whose first car was this, I did the best I could with the available funds, to maintain the car mechanicaly and cosmeticly. Time didn't treat her well, and this is the culmination of bringing the car back. That is all the level of detail is attempting to do. As I've said I'm very fortunate, keep plugging along! The individual restorations on this site are absolutely awsome. thanks for looking in occasionally.

I am very lucky to have a very patient spouse, whom understands the memories wrapped up in the family member. Also to be fortunate to have a career that suports
this interest. As a teenager whose first car was this, I did the best I could with the available funds, to maintain the car mechanicaly and cosmeticly. Time didn't treat her well, and this is the culmination of bringing the car back. That is all the level of detail is attempting to do. As I've said I'm very fortunate, keep plugging along! The individual restorations on this site are absolutely awsome. thanks for looking in occasionally.
Thanks, man. As I've said, it's quite inspirational!

Shop update, talked with the ulpostery company today, the hope is to retain as much vinyl seat material as possible. Where pretty sure the way back/ cargo area plastic wheel well covers and "b" pillars ar e going to be covered rather painted for long term durablit and a better look, I hope.

Engine color will be the Bill Hirsch Turquoise, as seen in the other post. Think it's the best match, one photo is with flash the other is not.

Al s o the Ac compressor, dryer have been painted

20190104_125737.jpg

20190104_125730.jpg

20190104_121246.jpg

20190104_121253.jpg

Back