Restoration of three forward look era cars!

robndi43

Reaction score
Here are some photos I took today of three cars a friend of mine has under restoration.

20181030_171108.jpg

20181030_171058.jpg

20181030_171051.jpg

20181030_171015.jpg

20181030_170910.jpg

20181030_170925.jpg

20181027_143308.jpg

20181027_143314.jpg

20181027_143401.jpg

20181027_143351.jpg

They are absolutely beautifully cars, I used to have -59 Windsor 2 dr ht in nice condition but, stupid me , I sell it to Sweden years ago. Again, stupid me...
Thanks and ,
Regards
Mika

I'd love any of them... but have to admit the truck gives me wood...

I could NEVER own a truck like that... I just don't think I could keep myself from using it, and she's way too pretty for me already.

That is a labor of love, patience, and a healthy bank account. There are next to no re-popped parts for those cars and a lot of one year only pieces. However, the end result is you will have one (or four!) of the most beautiful cars ever built.

They are absolutely beautifully cars, I used to have -59 Windsor 2 dr ht in nice condition but, stupid me , I sell it to Sweden years ago. Again, stupid me...
Thanks and ,
Regards
Mika
I sold my gorgeous, ticket me red, '66 Newport to a guy in Sweden .He loves it and sends me pictures of it in different places that he takes it .
These pictures are all taken in Sweden .That's his Cadillac too .

received_10154869625989472.jpeg

received_10153997823089472.jpeg

received_10153997823164472.jpeg

received_10154044878594472.jpeg

I'd love any of them... but have to admit the truck gives me wood...

I could NEVER own a truck like that... I just don't think I could keep myself from using it, and she's way too pretty for me already.
He has two more of the trucks to build and has one already painted, except for the cab, waiting for assembly .

Looks like first rate work, love the 300C. What year is the Dodge drop top? Can't be many of those around.
Here are pictures of one he did a few years ago that he still owns. It's his dream car a 1957 Dodge Custom Royal Convertible . It's valued at over $200,000 .

Screenshot_2018-10-31-11-25-14~2.png

Screenshot_2018-10-31-11-23-20~2.png

Screenshot_2018-10-31-11-24-31~2.png

Very nice! Are they all his vehicles, or customer's cars?
These will all be for sale when completed. He is keeping the truck, at this point, but is already in process of building a duplicate for sale. The bed sides, tailgate and grill are already painted .Working on the metalwork on the cab right now .Guys are already callung about the 300-C.
He has ovet 200 forward look parts cars on his property!!
Ships cars and parts all over the world .Has several cars he built in Sweden .

That is a labor of love, patience, and a healthy bank account. There are next to no re-popped parts for those cars and a lot of one year only pieces. However, the end result is you will have one (or four!) of the most beautiful cars ever built.
I assume you're talking about the vert .See the pics I posted of the one he built for himself a few years ago .He scrounged parts for years to build that car. He just received the interior from Gary Goins for the 300-C. I think that's his last name. It is spectacular to say the least!

I forgot to add that he makes his own trunk floor pans and body parts .You can't tell them from original . craftmanship next to no one!! You should see what some of these looked Like before he started on them.

He has ovet 200 forward look parts cars on his property!!
Ships cars and parts all over the world .Has several cars he built in Sweden .

So your friend lives in Sweden then still?

Gary Goers used to supply a lot of parts for Forward Look cars including many of mine, but sold his business just recently because it was time and due to ongoing health problems. It seems Legendary will reproduce some of the seat covers he used to make and others will take over other aspects of his previous business, so there is still hope for someone wanting to restore one of these gems. In the past, without his vast supply of reproduction parts for these cars, restoring one would have been really daunting. Before he sold his business, I ordered thousands of $$ of parts from him for each of the three forward look cars I have yet to restore, or if I don't get to them, the parts would be sold with the cars. I think mine were probably the last orders he actually filled. I have known Gary for almost 40 years. A really great guy.

Gary sold out to Quirey Quality Design in PA. They are a good company who I've deal with for yours. They are talking about farming out the interiors to a couple different guys, hope it happens. Legendary has also talked about doing them as well.

So your friend lives in Sweden then still?

Gary Goers used to supply a lot of parts for Forward Look cars including many of mine, but sold his business just recently because it was time and due to ongoing health problems. It seems Legendary will reproduce some of the seat covers he used to make and others will take over other aspects of his previous business, so there is still hope for someone wanting to restore one of these gems. In the past, without his vast supply of reproduction parts for these cars, restoring one would have been really daunting. Before he sold his business, I ordered thousands of $$ of parts from him for each of the three forward look cars I have yet to restore, or if I don't get to them, the parts would be sold with the cars. I think mine were probably the last orders he actually filled. I have known Gary for almost 40 years. A really great guy.
My friend, that does the restorations, lives in WV .Sold my '66 vert to a guy in Sweden. That's my only connection to Sweden.
My friend, Benny, also has done thousands of dollars with Gary over the years .Gary actually did these for Benny himself . He just got them in a few days ago . He told me the story of how Gary's health wasn't holding up and he was selling to a company in Pittsburgh .At least I think that's where it's going .
Like you, I'm glad it's going to continue .He was the best .

I am pretty sure I know Benny as well then. His last name also starts with a B as well, right?

Back