Road wheels on a slab side

The Captain

Reaction score
I ran some road wheels for awhile and went back to the 14 magnums. Nothing like white walls.

thumbnail_WP_20160326_13_10_45_Pro.jpg

01414_c5357k92zPa_1200x900.jpg

I would prefer 15 magnums but dont feel like spending the money right now.

That first pic was a photoshopped pic on the tires here is the real deal

thumbnail_WP_20160326_13_11_01_Pro.jpg

I was going to say I prefer the Magnums, but after seeing jaysix' Chrysler with whitewalls, I find I actually like either one of them - as long as they have the whitewalls. Makes such a difference to the elegance of both the wheels and the car. JMHO

My observation watching this thread.
IMO all factory wheels look best with year correct width white walls on a "C".
After market wheels look better w/black wall or letters.

Since we're using the term " preference "

I prefer road wheels and rally's with RWL and not thick white walls in virtually every instance ... even better if period repro RWL or period narrow redlines, goldlines, whitelines es or double or even triple "lines" of each

What I personally don't prefer is 80's kinda thick white walls on any road wheels or rallyes on any a/b/c/e or whatever ... seems to be incongruous to a sport wheel

I also don't care if someone likes what I don't prefer and puts in on their car. It's their car.

Whats funny is that Chryco called both of those wheels "road wheels", Magnum 500 is a Ford term if I'm not mistaken. Both look good, but the tiny 14s that are available nowadays are too small for a C body. My brother had some 215/75r14s (?) on his 67 Coronet, they looked small on that thing too.
Travis..

Yeah, I put the 'Magnum 500's on my Plymouth but made them 15" wheels instead of 14. Took me a while to get used to it but I do like the fuller wheel wells.

On the Boab,I am doing 15 inch Magnum 500's. Still on the fence whether to mount the 2357015's black wall or show the one inch white wall. .
boab jan 2016 007.JPG

I also have a good set of bias-ply's to mount on the correct deep dish steel rims required to fit the deluxe deep dish wheel; covers.They will be show rollers!!

Back