Road Wheels

Are you rechroming these?

No not nice enough just gonna redo the argent centers and black outers and backsides. The domes caps and rings are only driver quality and at $95 ea for domes no caps and $50ea for rings its outta the budget for what will be a spare set to my spare set :rolleyes:

How did the wheels turn out Graham?

Still a work in progress...The War Dept had me working other projects yesterday so I'm taking them to work to finish. I'll post pictures when done. Hopefully they come out close to yours.

I would not use vasoline or any other oil or silicone based product near anything I am preparing to paint. These contaminants will ruin a paint job surer than ****. This is why any professional painter will tell you to use wax and grease remover before painting, making sure the surface to be painted is clean and free of contaminants. Skuff the surface, tape off areas to be free of paint, clean with wax and grease remover, use a etching primer and then paint. Although expensive,automotive quality paint will give the best results, and be the most durable. My two cents.

Last edited:
Agree on the not at all recommendable use of Vaseline and such. We had a thread somewhere a good while back.
There is some good stuff available in rattlecans as well if you don't have Access to a spray gun. Don't know what exactly the US market has in store, I'm talking about European products. Multiple layers, patience and some wet sanding in between will give astonishing results on such rather small surfaces. I did my winter steelies a few years ago that way and they still look very presentable.

Memo to dummy-me: This is the original thread on Road Wheels resto; I think there is also another one.

Last edited:
Back