Road Wheels

I've done it both ways. 1. Trying to lay tape to follow a tight circle/curve and 2. overlaying the curve and then cutting the edge of the curve with a safety blade.

Method #2 was much faster and more precise with no bleed.
Plus it give you much more remaining tape to add your additional masking to.
Just my two nickels worth. I hate pennies.

Bob, I used blue tape to seal off the area I needed to and the spray came form Lowes, a very similar silver to the argent

I've seen your road wheels Dave. The paint looks like factory original.

Great job!

Did anybody shoot clear over the paint when you were done or just left alone after painting?

I've done it both ways. 1. Trying to lay tape to follow a tight circle/curve and 2. overlaying the curve and then cutting the edge of the curve with a safety blade.

Method #2 was much faster and more precise with no bleed.
Plus it give you much more remaining tape to add your additional masking to.
Just my two nickels worth. I hate pennies.

Here's a trick to avoid the "bleed" that Stan mentioned. After masking dust a coat or two of paint along the tape line. Very lightly. This will bridge between the tape and painted surface and not allow any paint to seep under the tape.

Here's a trick to avoid the "bleed" that Stan mentioned. After masking dust a coat or two of paint along the tape line. Very lightly. This will bridge between the tape and painted surface and not allow any paint to seep under the tape.

Thanks Chris for the PRO advice.

Thanks everybody again.

The best C-Body guys on the planet right here on FCBO!

You're going to leave the backside and the hidden spots under the trim rings alone, or doing it the hard way ?

You're going to leave the backside and the hidden spots under the trim rings alone, or doing it the hard way ?

I'm going to spray those area's gloss black.

It'll probably take me a couple of weeks to get done. I'm going to spray them on my deck on nice weather days and in between work (50+ hours a week).

I took and angle grinder mounted wire brush to the back sides. Cleaned them up with varsol and then sprayed with rust converter. Lastly the back sides were finished with gloss black paint.

I took and angle grinder mounted wire brush to the back sides. Cleaned them up with varsol and then sprayed with rust converter. Lastly the back sides were finished with gloss black paint.

My back sides are pretty rusty. I might hit them with a wire brush on a drill and spray with rust converter and then gloss black.

dsc03433-jpg.71997

What do you mean by a dust coat Chris? I have zero skills with paint.

Back