Roll call: If you are going to the Chrysler Nationals @ Carlisle please post here.

I was actually planning to make a grocery run at that point... I still need to get the butter you asked for in November...:lol:

For those not yet informed... my reverse Midas touch kicked into overdrive...

Thanking I had things under control... i had set up the camper to let her air out and start packing. This time of year, it rains almost every afternoon, so I had her up through a couple nice days and then a few wet afternoons. No big deal, but a small amount of water came in through some old seams I needed to seal... and the additional weight stated to collapse the front of the pop up. It wasn't that much weight, it was that little supporting wood left...
View attachment 197476
So I got to enjoy the weekend getting the rest of my to-do list as together as I could and try to rebuild this thing. I, of course, blew out my back Friday. Saturday, I cancelled my race track plans and did what I could. Sunday, I changed my Amtrak reservation and got a little rest. Monday I changed my Amtrak reservation again... now deciding I had screwed myself pretty well... but I had the trailer back to square one (more or less) and Tuesday morning I hustled around getting parts and crap loaded between the car and trailer... Boy does the car sit lower with that load on her... no matter, I'll lighten the load in Carlisle...

Tuesday... 1:00 PM... Amtrak station... Maximum width allowed is 84"... they find 85" on the tape measure... MFer!!!:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

How I managed to not cuss out everyone there is beyond me... maybe I've slowed down. In all honesty, I believe the reason they refused to load her was the wheel skirts...I should have removed them before arriving at the station. :realcrazy:... F'ing lazy little bastard found a reason to refuse and he was determined to not allow her. The width of the trailer is just barely more than the car...

Drove home... tired brain fully distracted... as in missed three turns on side streets my phone told me to take. Parked the car in the back yard (not where I wanted it, just where it was good... no patience for backing it in)... drank an adult beverage I had bought for the wait on the train... went inside and drank a second adult beverage... and a third... somewhere in there, I called Will and let him know I wouldn't be there when he arrived. Remembered I hadn't eaten and found food and caught up on sleep.

Wednesday, I unpacked the trailer and car... secured things... cleaned up the backyard... made "Plan "F"... pretty sure I was that far down the alphabet... if not more... I'll be in Carlisle... flying and a rental (bet it's not a Mopar), hopefully domestic... Stuff now packed into a suitcase and nothing to sell. I won't have keys, but will have a gauge to read old ones... talk to me if you're interested. I have nothing for the swap but a "parts wanted" sign... oh well... Walmart will be selling at least one air mattress.

My decision process... Do I care about selling stuff?... Nope, I had hoped to sell off everything I was bringing for a song and very quickly (like to another vendor). Do I care about showing the car?... Nope, I was bringing the parts car, she's been seen and as much as I'll miss having her to tool around for my morning coffee... don't care enough to pound myself into the ground driving... and too impatient to start over with the train people.

I could have flown last night, and been there by now... but my back is thanking me for one more night in bed... I'll find out how well I do camping... be there today...

Damn Jeff! Sorry to hear about all of this. That sucks. Sounds like my year last year, only a bit worse lol.

Hope everything else goes o.k. Enjoy yourself, as you’ve earned it. If theres anything I can do to help, let me know.

Maggie had to work night shift last night so we are running a bit behind.
Well, not really but not in a rush either. Normally I would travel on the Friday.
It is already hot outside and we have to make a couple stops along the way.
We are just about packed and heading out.
Should be at the hotel in Harrisburg by dusk.
See y'all in the green field!!!!

Any early pictures from the show yet?
20180712_114055.jpg
20180712_114055.jpg

We just got to the hotel. Gonna head over to the convention center in a little while.

I need one of these gents. If you see one around Carlisle with any vendors please let me know.

upload_2018-7-12_19-20-32.png

Y'all have a safe, great time. One of these years I hope to make the trip. If anyone comes across rear wheel well trim for a 70/71 Fury get me the contact info please.

Kenny, I'd venture out of my state for this incredible show...I'm really wishing I could make this show with alot of members going...I just have to plan way ahead for time off and buy the wifey some jewelry or something...What's your take on the Imperial attendance over the course of the 3-4 days? Would you see a dozen different 72-73 Imperials or ?
Usually 1/2 dozen any way. Most likely 3 or4. But it's a great time non the less. Just being with all the guys from here is the real driver for me anyway.
Hopefully you'll make next year

Made it to our hotel last night without any problems. BOAB performed well.Dexter enjoyed the 402 miles in the car. We made a two hour stop in Binghamton to visit Roger. Aka Firdome and his wife Sue. They are the first to get a sneak peek of the car on it official BoaB World Tour.lol
20180712_191817.jpg

Back