Roll call: If you are going to the Chrysler Nationals @ Carlisle please post here.

My thoughts exactly as yours as its the 2nd or 3rd biggest show they have and its always in the stinking humid middle of July. I mean come on Carlisle, think a little. Making tons of money on this show, and you could make more Carlisle if you switched it to the date of the Ford show and throw the GM show in the middle of July as its a dead show anyways on life support. Big money maker and you got it in the fricken hottest time of year where people don't want to or are reluctant to force themselves to walk around on a fairground with no trees, no shade, piss poor bathrooms and been that way for years. I have been there years when the blacktop tar on the roads is sticking to your shoes and is all gooey. Most people who attend this show are in their mid 60's or late 70's. Heat/humidity is killing the show and the crowd. Been a vendor here for nearly 20 years and they need to do more to cool the people down. Here's a idea.. How about a giant cool room in a few different places on the grounds that is air conditioned with lots of chairs. Hmm.. nah that would cost to much money to do. How about planting some F_cking trees on the place for gods sake! I am a vendor in spots o-74 and then some and if anyone needs something C body or whatever I will be there. Weather is gonna be in the low 90's.

Wizard

Well, I guess I'll delete Carlisle from my bucket list if it's this bad...

I get your sarcasm . Let me ad to that. This show has been this same weekend for over 25 years. People plan around it for years ahead of time.
I've never had a problem with the heat , it is usually mid to upper 80s or even very low 90s and always a chance of a storm.
For the greatest Chrysler show on the planet it is PERFECT weather and the perfect time of year.

I do remember about 7 years back the heat index on Saturday was 113 ...
There was also one weekend probably 20 years ago that it rained all three days. Still great weekends ....

It's not.

The heat... Well... It's summer, it's gonna be hot. It improves the girl watching. I've been there on other weekends and it's just as hot. You make your own shade with a pop-up behind your car.

The place is clean and very well organized.... and the bathrooms are clean in the buildings. They have attendants taking care of them.

Not everybody is in their 60's and 70's either...

Based on my first ever Carlisle experience 2016,I am more prepared this year.
Bought "Chill-its" bandannas,better cooler for water & ice,bringing my 10x10 pop up.
Got a couple outfits that are breathable and meant for hot sticky climates.
Cold beer will be waiting at the hotel room at night,LOL

Believe me.....

This is the greatest Mopar show on the planet! Bar none! You have to go this show at least once in your lifetime. If you go once I guarantee that you will be back! We have FCBO people attending Carlisle from Canada, Germany, and all parts north, south,east and west in the U.S. The weather can be brutal but you can get there early in the day and leave in the afternoon and then head back to the show the next morning. I'm 63 and I'm not giving up on Carlisle because of weather. I will not be attending this year because of health issues but I'll be back next year.

I get your sarcasm . Let me ad to that. This show has been this same weekend for over 25 years. People plan around it for years ahead of time.
I've never had a problem with the heat , it is usually mid to upper 80s or even very low 90s and always a chance of a storm.
For the greatest Chrysler show on the planet it is PERFECT weather and the perfect time of year.

I do remember about 7 years back the heat index on Saturday was 113 ...
There was also one weekend probably 20 years ago that it rained all three days. Still great weekends ....

I was at Carlisle that year the heat Index was 113. My NYB was running in bumper to bumper traffic with the A/C running and no coolant overheating issues.

I think Carlisle should be moved to Phoenix in June! 118-120, just right! :rofl:

Dry heat....no problem. Still hot.

I spent years out in the desert with the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment while at Ft. Bliss, Texas in the 1970's. No A/C then. We spent a lot of time out in the desert at Donna Anna Base Camp, New Mexico.

Is this what they call an airbnb?

Polara71.jpg

Back