"Rosewood" 64 Crown Coupe

Good to see it being taken care of...very special color that makes you think maybe a lady who looked good in that color picked it out.

I had a '64 Fury in Sandalwood, similar but a little darker, in the sun you could see the different colors mixed in.

or perhaps bought as a present ?
a couple of guys suggested that..

It's right at 7/8 inch while the OEM is 1/8 wider. But I think it's close enough, especially factoring the money in. Would I run this tire on an Autobahn burner? No. Also, I have no idea how well this tire will fare over time. I bought a couple sets of Goodyear Viva 2s 5 or 6 years ago and the whitewalls are now permanently brownwalls. So who knows what I will think in 5 years. But I only cruise in my Imperials. That's why I have never done the dual MC brake thing either. My Imperials are all up-to-date on brakes and they stop fine. Could you add 4 wheel disc brakes too? Yes, but it is really unnecessary given the sedate type of driving that I do in these cars. Now if I ever do a restomod with a Hellephant crate motor..........

i will replace the mc, its easy and i think necessary; ive been cruising in a friend's 66 imp when the brakes went out. we were doing about 20 mph and and someone pulled in front - we'd have hit her if she hadnt changed lanes. he changed to a dual mc that weekend !
my dual circuit mc 64 convert's all drum brakes are exc, so no need to do a disc conversion.
years ago a kid chasing a dog ran in front of my convert and it stopped fine. i wouldnt want the risk of a single circuit mc causing me to kill a dog or child.
or damage the car......
i used a master cyl for a 78 new yorker and it wasnt expensive.

heehee,
i found a pic from the 80's when i was a teenager and had a rosewood 64 crown coupe parts car that i got when i bought my 64 imp convert........ jeez i look like a total dork, nice track pants !
wish i had that parts car now !
hmmm nothing sketchy about the ramp
and that was a 68 imp towing the trailer

20181011_122935.jpg

heehee,
i found a pic from the 80's when i was a teenager and had a rosewood 64 crown coupe parts car that i got when i bought my 64 imp convert........ jeez i look like a total dork, nice track pants !
wish i had that parts car now !
hmmm nothing sketchy about the ramp
and that was a 68 imp towing the trailer

View attachment 263970
That’s an amazing picture!
I’d like to see more of that ‘68.:)

I saw a Rosewood Imp at the Mason-Dixon Mopar show about a decade ago. It was a very, very nice car with great paint and interior. I talked with the owner awhile and I remember asking him about the car and he said it was Rosewood. Beautiful color. I have never seen another one that color since.

Back