RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan, you seem to be following it on FBBO. Please post some pictures of the progress every once in a while. I think it'll be done very quickly. Thanks!

Bryan, you seem to be following it on FBBO. Please post some pictures of the progress every once in awhile. I think it'll be done very quickly. Thanks!

Will do, I've posted links in this thread to the existing threads over there .. there actually were a few but I think only one active now. I also posted the photo bucket link up thread somewhere. I imagine that's where Chris / smb03 (new owner) will post them first.

I'm sure Matt and Has2b etc have an eye on any updates over there too

I've been in touch with Chris the past few days. It seems there is a high end restro shop in Vegas that is interested in the car and may finance the restro of it in a partnership deal. The idea is to have the car ready for the BJ Vegas auction in Sept and split the profit. BJ has been contacted and has shown interest in making it a feature car for the auction.

The "U" engine codes seem to be the only thing pointing towards the 440 4bbl engine. I inspected the core support and trunk rail numbers myself and they do match the VIN.
It seem some sort of big "fupa" accured when this car was built and no matter what comes out in the wash this car will go down as one very interesting Road Runner..... And will likely always be shrouded in mystery.

OK, now I'm getting it...

70_Belevedere0014.jpg

They had to explain it to me too......many pages ago

Your kidding Will? With that kind of attention perhaps they can get to the bottom of the U code

Being a Road Runner it will without question be in MCG and probably a cover car.

Being a Road Runner it will without question be in MCG and probably a cover car.

Actually it could have been any performance car or other desirable car and make it to MCG since they love barn find, rare, unique cars, especially the case with this one getting the full boogie resto deal. They do articles on unique story C bodies too

The only way to know for sure is to find engine bay pictures when it was new.....which is probably impossible to track down now. Does anybody know who the original buyer is/was or if he is still alive?

Actually it could have been any performance car or other desirable car and make it to MCG since they love barn find, rare, unique cars, especially the case with this one getting the full boogie resto deal. They do articles on unique story C bodies too

ONLY if the car was with extremely deep pockets or it has a celebrity attached to it

ONLY if the car was with extremely deep pockets or it has a celebrity attached to it

They will probably do it for a rare C body that's either a survivor or getting full boogy due to unusual options / option combinations or history but that's true for B-bodies too

Those that know me are tired of hearing this:

I handed them a story on cars that were built for the 1970 Rose Bowl parade, specifically 1970 Dodge Polara convertibles, public relations cars. I even had a short video, in The video were also, Chrysler 300's, a Fury and a Barracuda( never told them about the Barracuda), all white with white tops and black interiors, thats the way they built cars for the Tournament of Roses, with a lot of options. They had ZERO interest.

BUT , the ST Louis blues Barracudas and the Bengal Chargers they were all over, and wasnt there a 68 or 69 Coronet that was gold in Color that had some kind of special run? Nope, they have no interest in C bodies

As far as MCG is concerned they ARE very bias to B & E bodys, and I really don't care about that. It's their choice and B & E bodys do represent the larger mopar following...... But what bothers me the most about their editorials and features is the careless lack of concideration of the true facts in their publication. They tend to present their opinion as fact...... I can't even look at a copy of MCG without thinking about the BS their younger and less informed readers are being exposed to..... and thinking it's truth.
And those readers pass on the slanted info as truth "Because it's in the magazine".....!
I view MCG as a huge liability to the mopar hobby.

Well said Will. I used to subscribe, I refuse to now ......for those reasons you pointed out and more, much, much more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back