RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
has2bmopar;83110 There is [U said:
NO evidence[/U] that there is a U code anywhere on this car, so your kidding.... Right?

Was it not just stated that anywhere that the full vin on this car is printed or stamped there is a U residing in the spot that states displacement?

I still cant get over no 440-4 in a 70 RR

Only available in Dodge's for 1970.

The Super Bee and the Road Runner had the 383HP standard and the Hemi followed by the 440 6 pack in mid '69 as options.

If you wanted a 440 HP you got the same car with different trim (excluding no post cars) in a Coronet R/T or a GTX.

There is NO evidence that there is a U code anywhere on this car, so your kidding.... Right?

You could be right. I'm basing my info on what the new owner has told me. Although he was as supprised as I was to see the "U" code on the VIN. He was excited when he called to tell me that and it changed his plans to restro mod the car and bring it back to original. Seems like a legit guy to me.

I've placed a call to him this morning and will request a photo of the VIN and door sticker before sending the notorized bill of sale I got for him.

Will let you know what I find.

Was it not just stated that anywhere that the full vin on this car is printed or stamped there is a U residing in the spot that states displacement?

Stated, yes... Has anyone seen it... Nope

I am responding to what is being presented here and as time goes by there's little that surprises me anymore when it comes to this stuff. Some of the stories I've heard recently came from some seriously solid pedigrees, were they stories? Yes but they were firsthand accounts from people that weren't trying to sell me anything.

The Superbee in 1968, 1969, and 1970 were 383 or Hemi only. The A12 6 pack was available late 1969 1/2.
In 1970 the 440+6 became a regular option (E87, v-code in VIN) for the RR and SB, too

Carsten

Missprints etc happened. Some might remember the 69 Polara 500 CV in Q4 turquoise, partly survivor, which had an L-code (440HP code in VIN) but it was a factory 383-4 car (E63, should have been H-code in VIN). Fender Tag was missing but broadcastsheet was there as well as the orignal window sticker as far as I remember.

If there was a 70 RR buillt with factory 440 (U-code, E86) it got for sure mixed up with the Superbirds. Keep in mind those have a RM23-VIN, too and the basic engine was the 440.

Carsten

I still dont like that story on the 500 Carsten. Two owners and they dont know where the fender tag is?

Stated, yes... Has anyone seen it... Nope

pic's of the VIN and door decal....... Chris has posted a scan of the build sheet over on FBBO.

road runner vin tag (Large).jpg

road runner door tag (Large).jpg

Being an RM 21 VIN there's at least no mix-up with a Superbird. Maybe the buildsheet gives something more away to verify the 440-4; I'm not good at this without a book at hand.

It's pretty cut and dry, he's got more evidence that its a U code car then there is that its not. I posted that he should call the guys at MCG, they'd be interested in the story and if it were published, who knows, somebody might step up that knows something more about it. I doubt it but you never know...

It's pretty cut and dry, he's got more evidence that its a U code car then there is that its not. I posted that he should call the guys at MCG, they'd be interested in the story and if it were published, who knows, somebody might step up that knows something more about it. I doubt it but you never know...
Bringing MCG into the debate will only create more issues..... IMHO those guys have their heads up their a**'s. Their bias, form letter type of editorials make me sick. Their magazine guys who carelessly throw around mis-information to folks who really believe what they read in magazines.

WHEW.........!!!! Sorry, but thats how I feel..... I needed that....

No apologies necessary, been a while since I've read any of the mags cover to cover.
bottom line is it has a lot of readers and I don't know that there's a lot left to debate as much as there's a good story to be told. Getting the car published somewhere besides the net I think would be a good thing.

Well....... I feel pretty good about unearthing this special car and steering it to a worthy new owner. I feel like i've saved a piece of Mopar history. I wonder if there is a merit badge for that.....
I kind of regret not looking at it a little harder and making the discovery myself, but it dosen't make much difference as I would not have attempted restoring it. My heart just isn't into the supercars anymore.

I'm sure the car will surface again in it's next life and it will be very gratifying to see it loved and admired once more.

Well....... I feel pretty good about unearthing this special car and steering it to a worthy new owner. I feel like i've saved a piece of Mopar history. I wonder if there is a merit badge for that.....
I kind of regret not looking at it a little harder and making the discovery myself, but it dosen't make much difference as I would not have attempted restoring it. My heart just isn't into the supercars anymore.

I'm sure the car will surface again in it's next life and it will be very gratifying to see it loved and admired once more.

Thanks brother I'm glad you did too

I still dont like that story on the 500 Carsten. Two owners and they dont know where the fender tag is?

I don't know. I talked to the seller (when it was available for the first time). Got a link with all the paperwork and window sticker as well as broadcastsheet showed the L-code VIN but an E63 engine. So I belive in missprints, have seen others, too and just mentioned this CV here because we discussed the car a lot

Carsten

Being an RM 21 VIN there's at least no mix-up with a Superbird. Maybe the buildsheet gives something more away to verify the 440-4; I'm not good at this without a book at hand.

If so this car is another example then the one listed in Galens white Book. The other one is a RM23U

Klaus is right. I meant "than" not then :))

I wonder what engine this one had. A "u-code" 440 as in VIN and door sticker or the E63 383 engine.
Car was a Y16 sales bank car so it was definetly not ordered by someone (customer/dealership)

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back