RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we find out more about it. One of the things I love about the Mopar hobby, kool stuff keeps popping up!

With a special built car such as this runner may have been it could have been a "engine delete" build also.

There is nothing on the tag that indicates this was a special built car so we can't claim that yet. The VON number is a standard number, not a 'special built/handling/purpose' VON. The Y16 code indicates a standard sales bank car, not something special.

It's a Y16 sales bank car. It's hard to imagine someone that orders cars all day made this significant of a screw up that wasn't caught by quality control, someone on the line or at the final inspection.

I can't find the link on FBBO to the BS. Might you have a link?

The car was built at STL and it looks like the SPD is 227 so it was built at the wrong plant and well after SB were built for this car to be confused with a SB install. Plus its a 21 not 23 car.

The car does not code for an axle package. What does the BS say about the suspension? A 440/Hemi car would have a different suspension than a standard RR. RR's could have the same suspension as a 440 car but if the BS shows the 383 suspension....well that's a pretty strong clue that it was not a 440 car.

What size are the fuel lines? In 69 the fuel lines were larger for the 440/Hemi compared to the 383. I don't know if that is true for 70's but if it is, it's worth checking.

So far, all that has been proven is an administrative mistake (VIN and door tag). The fender tag is more credible as it is more typical and related to actual production of the car. There has been nothing shown or proven that anything out of the ordinary was actually produced. In order to prove the car came with a 440, you will need more tangible documentation from the car.

"Never say never" still needs proof.

Last edited:
Here is a photo of the BS and thread at FBBO

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...drunner-that-i-purchased-off-this-forum/page2

attachment.php

Somebody help me out here. I'm in the Special Needs program.
What is one of none of maybe of one here?????

< Sent from my tablet >

Somebody help me out here. I'm in the Special Needs program.
What is one of none of maybe of one here?????

< Sent from my tablet >

There wasn't supposed to be any RM23 hardtop OR RM21 Coupe 440 U code car's built based on available options for 1970 .. 1 RM23 is documented to exist .. a new discovery of an RM21 may have occurred .. discovered by BF. RM designates RR

This story is getting pretty interesting. Was it an automatic or a 4 speed?

Last edited:

The car codes for the standard 383 suspension. 778/779 torsion bars and equal leaf 212 rear springs. It does not code for the 440/ Hemi 780/781 bars and 794/rear uneven springs.

Interesting that the engine code is missing but the carb code looks like the '62' 383 carb.
Looks like 668 383 automatic transmission instead of a 670 440 tranny.
It does code Y39 but I can't tell the first character of the VON code.

Do you have a better or larger copy of the sheet? I can't tell some of the codes on this one. Nothing on the BS indicates a 440 car.

The car codes for the standard 383 suspension. 778/779 torsion bars and equal leaf 212 rear springs. It does not code for the 440/ Hemi 780/781 bars and 794/rear uneven springs.

Interesting that the engine code is missing but the carb code looks like the '62' 383 carb.
Looks like 668 383 automatic transmission instead of a 670 440 tranny.
It does code Y39 but I can't tell the first character of the VON code.

Do you have a better or larger copy of the sheet? I can't tell some of the codes on this one. Nothing on the BS indicates a 440 car.

Not me .. you'll have to ask Chris or smb03 over on FBBO .. I'm just posting info on the interwebs ;)

But here's more pics at his photo bucket site http://s570.photobucket.com/user/lowrider01mopar/library/?sort=3&page=1

I feel the wind leaving my sales, I was kind of excited...

I was hopeful too.

Would of been cool following along on a possible historic find...

But wait ... supposedly Chrysler responded to Chris saying there was a RM21 U car produced for an exec .. unless .... that .... was a ..... FIB!

It is still a very cool RR! I would like to see it when it's done.

You're right Bob and all the errors do make it unusual and rare however it turns out.

Yep, I would be crapping my pants if it was mine and discovering all the twists and turns this RR took. I was having flashbacks of my Super Bee at times!!!

It is interesting and it is still a car very worthy of bringing back .. no matter what the outcome of the U code deal is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back