Rubber bushings or Poly

66/440

Reaction score
I would like to hear your experiences with rubber bushings vs poly. I am considering a combination of both in an effort to improve handeling while trying to maintain ride quality.
This will be a daily driver in highway and freeway traffic. I live in the Houston area and our freeway traffic is some of the worst I have driven in with regard to speed, lane changes and so fairly poor road surfaces. I know I am driving a 36 year old car that was not designed for the kind of conditions it will be subjected to.
so in an effort to update my suspension I want to try and bring it more into align with modern standards. I have done similar builds but with A or B bodies that were not daily drivers so I have had some experience just not on a car as large as a '76 T&C.

I did several Polly bushings many years ago. I can say I nor any of the customers I did them for could tell any difference in handling in just everyday driving. These where A & B body muscle cars that didn't handle well anyway. I also did my 2 wheel drive D 150. On my truck the darn things squeaked terrible. On the others not so much, but some. In my opinion rubber is just fine unless you are wanting a track car & are changing/upgrading the suspension parts

Rubber to improve ride.
Poly to improve handling .
Each is at the expense of the other.
Can't "improve" both only through bushings.
They are mutualy exclusive.

I made my own pucks out of Delrin for my -71 300. It works just fine and I cant notice any diffrence in handling at normal cruising.
IMG_0838.jpgIMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

I went with rubber when I rebuilt my front end last year. I think they work fine.

Back