Rural Skeletons of Trucks/Tractors

with the Covid screwing up life I found myself with a lot of time, and I sort of started a bit of an addiction...I fell in love with these little Ford Tractors...one turned into 5..

I bought a 42 2N that's actually a Wartime "Warhorse" model with a Sherman combo Auxiliary trans.
View attachment 506703

Then I bought a '44 2N for parts for the '42, and it turned out it wasn't far off from being a runner....which I eventually put a Midwest products Davis Skyline Loader on.
View attachment 506704 View attachment 506712

Then I bought my first 8N an early '48, but it unfortunately was beyond rescue.
View attachment 506706

Then I bought '51 8N that came from the original owners estate.
View attachment 506707 View attachment 506708

And finally I bought another early '48 8N from a farm auction.
View attachment 506710 View attachment 506709 View attachment 506711

There's just something so rewarding to reviving the machinery that put food on the tables of hundreds of thousands in their lifetime.

Nick

if you want to come to ohio a friend of mine wants to sell one he has.

Those aren't in much worse shape than the mid 60s D 600s we had when I started at MODoT in the early 70s!

Now that jog a memory loose. When I started working for a Village there were a few ex military 6x6’s that we used. That front windows (2) would push out at the bottom for venting. They were beasts too. I was glad when new trucks took their places. I don’t recall the makes and model as they just seemed a hazard to me. In fact one was involved in an accident and it wasn’t pretty at all. It happened before I joined.

I did get to paint the jail cells PINK as some “education person” decided it calmed the prisoners. It didn’t work. The town was kind of like Mayberry when I started and there were some town drunks that worked for the village.

I was changing a parking lot light at the Police station one day and the Police Chief came out to his car. I yelled down to him that special Police lightbulbs were being installed. He asked about the difference and I yelled back at him “They are a little dimmer”. He reached for his .357 revolver and laughed. I danced with his daughter at a wedding and thought about… I either be in like flint or up a creek with no paddles. 50/50 odd didn’t sound that great to me .

Back