Salvage Yards in Mid Atlantic????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon's Junk yard in Culpepper, Virginia.

DSC02150.jpgDSC02154.jpgDSC02157.jpgDSC02158.jpgDSC02159.jpgDSC02161.jpgDSC02173.jpgDSC02178.jpgDSC02201.jpgDSC02170.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02159.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC02173.jpg

DSC02178.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02170.jpg

Nice junkyard, just called them, but they don't ship anything...

"Due to customers not coming out until after closing these are our revised hours". I can definitely see why no one wants to leave.

Only two hours in the yard, that's tough to do. What happens after two hours? Do they let the dogs out?

"Due to customers not coming out until after closing these are our revised hours". I can definitely see why no one wants to leave.

Especially after the banjo's start playing...

Only two hours in the yard, that's tough to do. What happens after two hours? Do they let the dogs out?

He locks you in the yard during his 2 hour lunch....and you ain't getting out. Plus you have to hike in and out with all your tools and haul out the parts. I used a milk crate bungee corded to a 2 wheel cart. Did I mention it's all up and down hill in this yard? You better be in shape....the Mopars are at the farthest point in the back of the yard. Constant hills like Carlisle but steeper.

I worked in a junk yard way back in the early 80's. Those pic's bring back fond memories. When I was a young pup with a can of WD40 & a handful of combination wrenches.

He locks you in the yard during his 2 hour lunch....and you ain't getting out. Plus you have to hike in and out with all your tools and haul out the parts. I used a milk crate bungee corded to a 2 wheel cart. Did I mention it's all up and down hill in this yard? You better be in shape....the Mopars are at the farthest point in the back of the yard. Constant hills like Carlisle but steeper.

Ok, so you actually can get 4 hours....

He doesn't allow any mini-bikes or 4 wheeler's in the yard either.

I live about 10 minute drive from Leon. His rules sound harsh but they have come about from being jacked around by 'customers'. I usually go in one day to look and another to get the parts.

I live about 10 minute drive from Leon. His rules sound harsh but they have come about from being jacked around by 'customers'. I usually go in one day to look and another to get the parts.

I love cruising on Hwy 29........very cool!

You're right it is cool. A joint meet with the N.W. chapter of the 300 club and WPC held in Portland, Or. in '96 decended on Wildcat Auto Salvage in Sandy, Or.(IN MASS) 'bout a half hour east of Portland one of the 4 days of that meet. Wildcat loved it and so did we. I still have treasurez from that bone yard, and good memoriez, Jer

How cool would it be to get a c body caravan going there

You're right it is cool. A joint meet with the N.W. chapter of the 300 club and WPC held in Portland, Or. in '96 decended on Wildcat Auto Salvage in Sandy, Or.(IN MASS) 'bout a half hour east of Portland one of the 4 days of that meet. Wildcat loved it and so did we. I still have treasurez from that bone yard, and good memoriez, Jer

Let's see if we can get everybody to Carlisle first........LOL! :poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back