Saved from the Crusher!

Excellent work my friend, great effort in saving this car. That's dedication for you.

Any more photos? We all like LOTS of photos.

Great job by you! Great save. Frosted teal is a beautiful color and with those hideaways in the front, nice. I'm sure it will be a beauty when done. Keep us posted on the progress. C-bodies, go fast in comfort.

Kind of a long story, but yes the A/C compressor and condenser were in the trunk, but... the day I bought the car I also bought 3 motorcycles & a pair of BFG 275-15/60s on 15X9 Centerlines from the same guy. Since my truck bed was full, I needed the room in the Fury trunk to haul the tires so I left the junky compressor behind. In hindsight, probably should have taken it, but I don't plan in reinstalling the A/C system anyway. I'll get it running & driving again, then put it on the market for someone else to fix up and enjoy. I have plenty of Mopar projects as it is.

Also in the trunk is a spare tire, correct jack, and the air cleaner
icon7.png

I may be interested in taking on the project "as is" now. PM sent. Send me a PM please.

Mirada

Good save.

Yesterday I made a 600 mile round trip solely because I wanted the C-Body rallye wheels on this car for my newly-acquired '70 Sport Fury. It came with six wheels and extra center caps. The car is a 318-powered 1980 Dodge Mirada CMX. Not sure what I'll do with it after the wheel swap. The car is very sun-baked, but surprisingly straight and rust free.
IMG_20150928_115640901_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150928_115640901_HDR.jpg

Man, you like those 600 mile round trips lol. Those cars are growing on me have to say...

Yesterday I made a 600 mile round trip solely because I wanted the C-Body rallye wheels on this car for my newly-acquired '70 Sport Fury. It came with six wheels and extra center caps. The car is a 318-powered 1980 Dodge Mirada CMX. Not sure what I'll do with it after the wheel swap. The car is very sun-baked, but surprisingly straight and rust free.
View attachment 60915

Man, you like those 600 mile round trips lol. Those cars are growing on me have to say...

I do seem to spend a lot of "windshield time" getting cars. Tomorrow I'm rolling out on a 500 mile round trip to get a '71 Chrysler 300 with a 440, bucket seats, console, power windows, A/C, cruise, etc. Will post pics when it's home.

I do seem to spend a lot of "windshield time" getting cars. Tomorrow I'm rolling out on a 500 mile round trip to get a '71 Chrysler 300 with a 440, bucket seats, console, power windows, A/C, cruise, etc. Will post pics when it's home.

2 door or 4 door? Is this one to part or ???

Increasingly rare and remain very desirable.

Man, I wonder if those Mirada Road Wheels would work on my 68 Plymouth? Probably not, wrong era, etc., but man, tempting! :-D

It's been a while since I've posted, but I recently decided to pull the '70 Sport Fury out of the back 40 and started wrenching on it. Although it's originally a 383 2 BBL car, I picked up a '69 440 for a good price and dolled it up to look like a HP version. Attached are some pics.

'70 Fury New Engine 3.jpg

'70 Fury New Engine 2.jpg

'70 Fury New Engine 1.jpg

Looks good, let us know what your plans are for the rest of the car too, certainly interested to see this car resurrected.

"We don't need no stinkin" 383 .... LOL.

That 440 looks GREAT! Go for it and get Errr done! Just make sure you post some pics!

I've been diligently wrenching on the Sport Fury and have it close to firing up. About all that's left is a little bit of wiring, and getting a complete 2.5" exhaust system installed. But, a real show stopper is that the gas tank is severely corroded and damaged so I have to swap that out. I got a couple of tanks from a demo derby buddy of mine. All of that will have to wait until August because I'm heading out tomorrow for a work trip.

*** For the purists, yes I know these cars didn't come with orange HP motors, but I wanted it to stand out, and the average guy wouldn't know. I also could have detailed the engine compartment, but I don't want to spend three years on this project ;-) ***

440 Installed 7_5_16 (1).JPG
440 Installed 7_5_16 (2).JPG
440 Installed 7_5_16 (4).JPG

I've been diligently wrenching on the Sport Fury and have it close to firing up. About all that's left is a little bit of wiring, and getting a complete 2.5" exhaust system installed. But, a real show stopper is that the gas tank is severely corroded and damaged so I have to swap that out. I got a couple of tanks from a demo derby buddy of mine. All of that will have to wait until August because I'm heading out tomorrow for a work trip.

*** For the purists, yes I know these cars didn't come with orange HP motors, but I wanted it to stand out, and the average guy wouldn't know. I also could have detailed the engine compartment, but I don't want to spend three years on this project ;-) ***

View attachment 84391 View attachment 84392 View attachment 84393

Wow! Look at those HP exhaust manifolds! Mighty fine. And I also like the Hemi Orange paint job on the engine.

I know you don't wanna spend three years detailing it, etc., but please take two minutes and replace that ugly radiator cap.

Mighty fine.

Back