Saw the ad. Thought of Gary.

I can't believe you guys are still talking about fins here. This year I have pledged to be more understanding. Keep this up and that pledge will go out the window and substituted with honesty, then I'll be banned from this site. :)

I can't believe you guys are still talking about fins here. This year I have pledged to be more understanding. Keep this up and that pledge will go out the window and substituted with honesty, then I'll be banned from this site. :)

I try to help you to understand us... If there was a FFLO (For Forward Looks Only) and this same bunch there talking fin stuff, that's the place we would be instead of annoying you here. lol

Commando started it, ma.

Did to!

did too.jpg

I try to help you to understand us... If there was a FFLO (For Forward Looks Only) and this same bunch there talking fin stuff, that's the place we would be instead of annoying you here. lol

Silly, you're not annoying me. Everyone should have a fin car to hook their coach purse off of. Keeps from ruining it by putting it on the ground and having to go by another one. Yeah, if that's why I buy new ones. LOL Fin Away my friendly fellow.

Silly, you're not annoying me. Everyone should have a fin car to hook their coach purse off of. Keeps from ruining it by putting it on the ground and having to go by another one. Yeah, if that's why I buy new ones. LOL Fin Away my friendly fellow.

LOL!

That's great to hear, now the only one we need to convert to understand fins is Gary...

Ummh... For how many years do you think this forum will still be operational?

I prefer that Gary resist all the pressure to convert him to a Fin Fanboy.
You always need at least one guy to razz. Otherwise its a dull joint. :)

Posted via Topify on Android

OK guys I know I'm a little late to the party. First of all I think I read somewhere that Virg and the boys did a certain amount of wind tunnel work on the fin cars. Second, you read Uncle Tom McCahill's articles and you find the Fords and Chevys didn't handle worth a damn and especially the '59/'60 Chevys had back end lift at speed. And obviously none of you guys ever road tested a fin car at speed. Or faster than maybe 75 or 80 MPH. In 1968 my parents let a 16 year old on the public highways with a '59 Sport Suburban Gold Commando. 16 Years old and 300 and 5 HORSEPOWER. Yeeeowza! Nuthin' like the sweet sound of a 4 barrel carb, exceptin' maybe TWO four barrel carbs. 115 to 120 top end with 3.31 gears. And very stable in crosswinds at that speed! McCahill didn't like the '61 Plymouths without the fins!

Well, I'm late to this thread too, but all I can say after seeing the new jelly bean designs compared to the old designs is:

We could use a few fins coming back! Anything to shake up the current boredom. It's why I like my Chrysler 300 - it is the closest thing to the old classic sedans available out there - with the new Taurus becoming a great new exception. American Iron - 2, Jelly Beans - 0

Back