Saw the ad. Thought of Gary.

Another fine example the CITROËN C4 CACTUS

[h=1]
m1oycsebjddx.jpg
[/h]

1969. The watershed year.....

For a long time I thought these 69-73 C-bodies were the best looking cars on this planet. I still do... BUT now, when I'm older, I've learned to love older cars equally. To me, mopars with fins and fuselages are as desirable.

A day may come when I will actually prefer fin cars...
The fuselage cars are beautiful, yes.but comparing them to fins cars is like comparing apples and oranges. In every category (except size) they are diametrically opposed to one another.

Posted via Topify on Android

Designs are made up today primarily to cater Chinese design tatstes I read in some different places. Some different opinions than our regions maybe but we'll aquire the taste if not done already.

The ugliest vehicle available in the U.S. in the last 50 years, maybe longer. A complete styling train wreck.
I'm sorry if you just ate.

View attachment 43429

Actually, for me anyway, newer cars like this one and others with similar strange looking styling have made me more accepting of some of the odd looking styles from way back in the day. I remember, as a teenager, my buddies and myself weren't interested in a lot of cars from the fin era because we thought they were just too weird looking, we thought they were ugly. Now after seeing styling like this, none of the cars from the late fifties/early sixties look strange to me at all anymore. I actually like a lot of the cars that I wouldn't even have looked twice at back when I was a teenager.

Speaking of the Aztec, has anyone else noticed that the rear window, hatchback or whatever you call it, on the Toyota Prius bares a very strong resemblance to the rear of the Aztec? Apparently someone else did.
2012_prius_01.jpg

:puke:

I used to think of these as odd looking but, thanks to some of the newer cars, these don't look odd to me at all now.:)
nett62f.jpg

The Aztec one ugly mother, not sure who designed this, hopefully their career as a designer was short lived.

2001PontiacAztek.jpg

The Aztec one ugly mother, not sure who designed this, hopefully their career as a designer was short lived.

Is this the type of car that a Chemistry Teacher named Walter with two cell phones would use ?

Fifty years from now someone will see that pic of the beat up Aztec and cry out, Oh, the humanity!

Posted via Topify on Android

Back